Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Symbol of the Wasp

Years ago, my aunt gave me a book on animal symbolism called Animal Speak by Ted Andrews. Like an etherial encyclopedia, the book is filled with information on the characteristics and legends for a wide variety of animals and insects, with descriptions on how their symbolic representations could be applied to one's life. Sometimes an animal will unexpectedly cross your path, or come to you through a dream, or in some other manner that makes it's presence obvious. Animal Speak is meant to be a reference tool to see what that animal is trying to tell you.

Now, I'm willing to admit that the connections I experience between an animal and a situation could be manifested in my own mind. But to each her own. If the insight is useful, then what harm is done?

Anyway, for the last month, I've been living in a vacation rental. A temporary home for the winter until I secure more stable employment, and figure out where I want to be. Because you can only scour the classifieds for so long, I've been focusing most of my efforts into my own passion projects. I figure what better way to be productive than to work towards creating the life I want?

Meanwhile, above the sink of this cottagey little place hangs a huge wasp nest. Tree branches secure it to the ceiling, and so clearly someone hung it there on purpose. I joke that in lieu of a chandelier, they opted for a more natural decor. While the rustic fixture, doesn't bother me too much, I did initially find its presence rather strange.

It wasn't until today that I decided to look up the symbol of the wasp, thinking that maybe there was a message to be had.

Here's what I read:

You are being reminded that simply thinking about your dreams will not make them a reality as quickly as going out and doing it. Make a plan, keep working towards it and let nothing get in your way. Perseverance, desire and action are what is called for. Apply your passion to the reality you wish to achieve!
Alternatively Wasp is letting you know that resistance to change is by definition self sabotage. It’s time to allow yourself the notion that all things are possible, and that you deserve to have all your dreams come true. Be the best you can be!
Relevant? Totally. I am embracing huge changes at this phase in my life, having left a very comfortable living in the city, in favour of mountains, lakes and wishful thinking. I'm making good use of this 'free time' focusing my energy towards a plan of action to make my dreams come true. I take it as a good omen. 
On that note, time to get to work of making my dreams happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment