So just for the sake of creating a new post, here are a few random thoughts as they come to me...
In my spare time, I like to visit the Castanet Adopt-A-Pet page for the BC-SPCA and look at all the animals. I especially like it when there's a bio to go with their fuzzy little faces. Most of the animals don't have bios. I wish I could go to the SPCA and spend a little time with each fur face, and then write a unique story about them. Maybe it would help them get adopted quicker.
Speaking of which, my SIL Cheryl adopted a cat recently. While at the SPCA, she learned that it takes black cats 3 times longer to be adopted. "I guess racism is alive and well in the feline world", as she put it. ;)
I think people are afraid of adopting black cats because they are superstitious. If you own a black kitty, imagine how many times it would cross your path each day! You'd be doomed fo' sho.
Not me though. I like our little Luna. She can be a prissy Miss now n' then with her backtalk, but she's a sweetheart through and through.
A good friend of ours, whose father practiced in the occult (which is not as Ouija board spooky as it sounds...) always had black cats because they supposedly absorb negative energy, and therefore provide a protective presence. This is why you always see witches with black cats in movies n' cartoons n' such. I thought that was kinda interesting.
I don't know if our Luna is much of a protector though; however, she occasionally emits a throaty growl and runs to the door if she hears something in the hallway. I find her growl less threatening than it is cute. How can anyone be intimidated by something that is afraid of the vacuum cleaner? Besides, I'm not sure if she knows how to use her claws. She has never even scratched anyone - not even once. The couch on the other hand...
So while I'm on the mundane topic of cats, I might as well throw in a little picture I saved from an email that made me laugh a few weeks ago. At first I thought those LOL cats were stupid... but I'll admit, they've become a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment