We really wanted to wrap up our outline today, so we decided to get up a little earlier than usual to get a jump on the day.
Just by chance, Jim decided to open the front door and check for any "notice of suite entry" notes. We get one maybe two or three times a year max, but it was one of those fluke hunches that ended up paying off. Sure enough there was not one, but two notices. One that the water would be turned off from 9 - 12, and the other was that they wanted to enter our apartment sometime between 10 - 2.
Shit.
I swear our landlord puts the notices on our door at midnight the night before, because we never EVER get 24 hours notice for these things!
Anyhow, we rushed to hide all the scratching posts, cat beds, food dishes, fuzzy mice, the litter box, and of course, les chats. Poor things were cooped up in the spare bedroom since about 8:30 this morning as we waited, and waited, and waited....
The water was turned off from 9 until 4, and they didn't enter our suite until maybe 4:05 to run the taps for ten minutes and get any gunky residue out.
I know it's our own fault that we're living in a no pet building with two pets... but still, a lil' more notice might be nice. Especially considering that we had to go without water all day long. I'm sure I don't need to go into detail about how that complicates things. Fortunately we have a big blue jug of drinking water, so we didn't suffer too badly when it came to washing our hands, vegetables, etc...
Despite the inconvenience, we managed to have a very productive day. While hiding all kitty evidence, we did a quick tidy, so now our place is perfectly spotless, which is always kinda nice. Then we spent the remainder of the day finishing up our outline. We were on such a roll that we ended up missing lunch.
Even though we finally sent the completed outline off to les producers no more than an hour n' a half ago, it doesn't mean that it's 100% done. I'm sure they'll want to contribute their own two cents before we jump back into writing. However, we think it's pretty darn tight, so hopefully in their opinions, there won't be much left to tweak.
So yeah... that was our long day. At least it felt like a long day.
Now we're looking forward to a relaxing evening with NOTHING hanging over our heads. It should be sooo nice. The place is clean, our work is (temporarily) done, and we don't anticipate any further interruptions. I think I might head out for an evening stroll, then unplug the phone, do a little painting, have a nice bubble bath, maybe a glass or two of vino, and listen to some T61 and Tegan and Sara, whose new album I just picked up yesterday. Although I have to give it a second listen before I can make up my mind about how much I love it... or not.
I hate to say it, but so far I'm not immediately fallin' in love with this one as quickly as I did when Jeremy first introduced me to their earlier albums. Their earlier albums had countless songs that totally jumped out at me and possessed my feet with toe-tapping beats -- like what seems to be everyone's favourite, (based upon the way people were screaming for it at their concert a couple years ago), Living Room. After all, who doesn't love a banjo? (Alas, there is no banjo jammin' on this new album.)
Then again, I think a lot of CDs need at least a couple listens before you can really decide how you feel. So, I'll get back to you later once I give Sainthood another go.
Anyhoo, on that note, I'll end this little posty with a clip of their fabulous hit Living Room.
And a second "on that note", I just noticed that the video was directed by a Vancouver artist-come-filmmaker that Jim knows. I think I already knew that, but must've forgot... I swear my mind is like a sieve sometimes.
I thought the new T&S was catchier than the last one, but agreed...not as catchy as the ones before that. Seems pretty solid, though.
ReplyDeleteYeah, after a couple more listens I agree that it's pretty solid and I really do like it quite a bit. I have to admit that my initial review after a first listen of any album will almost never be strong (or reliable). I often give a luke-warm reception towards anything new if it doesn't grab me as quickly as the tried and true. (That wasn't meant to rhyme. ;)
ReplyDelete