Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Peaches and Herb

As my first Mindclutter post probably mentioned, I'm a love 'em and leave 'em type of blogger. I'll failthfully dedicate myself to a blog for a few years, until I get preoccupied with other writing endeavours, at which point I allow my blog to fade into the binary atmosphere. Whenever I eventually find the time or itch to blog again, I always start up somewhere new. 

But not this time! I've decided to finish what I've started and reunite with my old love, Mellowdee's Mindclutter. (Partially because I actually remembered the login password, so y'know, what the hell?!) 

Even though I'm a different person now than I was when we parted ways back in 2011, I'm sure we can make it work. (Warning! Famous last words:) I'm going to try harder, blog regularly, and maybe even try to go a little more public with my musings. I've only ever openly shared my previous blogs with friends n' family or a tight community of strangers - who eventually began to feel like friends n' family. But perhaps it's time I make an effort to reach out and share whatever is on my mind with the world - because I'm confident the world really cares! Ha. Seriously though, I was surprised to discover that this blog is actually getting more hits than ever before and it's been dormant for 4 years! So, that's kind of interesting. Maybe some folks just come here to appreciate the sound of silence.

Anyway, for the sake of keeping this reboot post concise, I won't get into all the details of the past four years, but will let them arise organically. I'm gonna need some good fodder if I want to write regularly, and the last few years has provided plenty of that. Suffice to say, J & I moved out to Toronto for three years, and now we've relocated  to Peachland, BC to begin our next adventure. I'm sure some of you are thinking that explains "Peaches and Herb": peaches for Peachland and Herb because BC. And I guess that would make you partially correct, but it's really a reference to a 'rebirth' of sorts, as the following was the number one hit single on the date of my birth (totally dating myself with that reference, I know), and also an ode to this blog:  




No comments:

Post a Comment