Every October (with the exception of last year which was way too busy), Jim n' I like to watch as many frightening films as possible. In fact, we save up all year to watch 'em. Forget watching Ghostbusters in June. That's fall film fare! (Try saying that three times fast...)
Tonight, we're finally kick-starting our spooky October marathon with the movie "1408". I always enjoy this one and have been itching to watch it for a while. Despite the cheesy trailer voiceover and predictable sounding "haunted hotel" plot, I think it's quite an entertaining psychological thriller. Plus, it's based on the story by Stephen King, so it's got some cred there too. Speaking of, y'ever notice how Stephen King likes to write about writers? Misery, The Shining, Stand By Me... I'm sure there are others I'm missing.
I feel like I've blogged about 1408 before, but am too lazy to check my archives. In any case, it's worth a watch if you're looking for something a little Halloweeny this month, but want to forgo the nasty guts n' gore, (which isn't our style either).
No comments:
Post a Comment