Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 Quickies

1. Jim finally had a chat with DG on the phone today. But the reception was muffled, so it wasn't that great. So far he's had two long calls with BG, who again, seems like a super nice guy. I'm sure DG is too... just hard to get a meaningful vibe off someone when you can hardly hear 'em.

2. We checked out the wardrobe options today for Don, Fin, Sarah and Maggie. Love their colour schemes and their clothing choices! So much fun. Sarah has a few pieces that I wouldn't mind adding to my own closet... ;)

3. Speaking of, I got to meet our Sarah today when she came in for a wardrobe fitting. She's super sweet. She told me that she thought our script was really something special and that it gave her goosebumps. So that was obviously wonderful to hear.  (She had previously told Jim the same thing, but it's always nicer to hear things first-hand.) I think she'll be awesome.

4. We discovered today that our actresses playing Sarah and Maggie were also recently cast in another film together that was shooting this week. Jeez... what are the odds?! Pretty good, I guess. Vancouver's industry must be awfully small. Anyhow, we were worried that they were playing mother and daughter again, but later learned that our Sarah instead tries to harm Maggie in this other flick. Well, that's an interesting switch!

5. Tomorrow I start my first job with the props/set dec department. Alas, I won't be making volcanos (those were being made today while I tweaked the 'yellow' script). Instead, they asked me how I felt about writing the book "The Eternal Return". I'll probably only write 5 - 10 pages of nonsense, but it's still kinda fun. They showed me a print out of the cover design, which they're going to get embossed. So super cool! (Jim just pointed out that my name is actually on the cover as the author. I didn't even notice that! Ha! Even super cooler!)

6. Speaking of props/set dec, I got to check out the microfiche slides they made for our library scene. They wrote actual articles for them. I was impressed! Oh, how I love the props department. They look like they have the most fun.

7. Then again, it's not all fun n' games down in props. I know they're pretty stressed out tonight, as one of the scenes we intended to shoot last, now needs to be done on the first day of filming. In other words, next Monday! And due to budget constraints, we have to figure out how we can possibly pull off this particular scene without using any VFX , in case we end up needing to allocate that money elsewhere before we get to post.

Unfortunately, way too much dough-ray-me has gone into our locations, which means preparing to make sacrifices in other areas. Although, we did manage to say tohellwithya to the insanely over-priced bookstore and IGA in Fort Langely, as we've found two better locations in Pitt Meadows. Hooray for Pitt Meadows! Just another reason to allow things to turn out as they're meant to. I know that this VFX snag will work itself out too and that between my yellow script tweaks and our props department's creativity, we will find a way to make the scene work without them, if need be. (And who knows, if all goes smoothly, hopefully we will have money left over to add those VFX back in during post-production after all.)

8. Emmy makes crazy sounds when he plays with my hair elastics. I always know when he's playing with them, because it's the ONLY time he ever makes that really weird, loud clucking meow. Even though it's totally un-movie-related, I just thought I'd throw that in there because he's doing it right now and driving me nutty.

9. Also un-movie-related (but kinda not), we saw The Social Network on Saturday. Great flick!! (At least we thought so...)

10. I should blow-dry my hair before I go to bed, so I better go. But first, I will add that Jim n' I had the longest commute eva to work this a.m. I think it took us over an hour n' a half to travel what should only take a little over a half hour. Then, Jim was really hoping to leave the office by 4:00 today... but we were there until 8:00, as usual. I'm sooo sleepy. Let's hope tomorrow isn't a repeat. (Ha! Hope springs eternal!)

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment