Thursday, November 18, 2010

Before I Go To Bed...

You know what was nice today?

I didn't come to set with Jim first thing this morning in favour of getting a few things done (and sleeping in a bit, because holy cow, our schedule is intense! And I'm only sitting on my butt all day, unlike Jim who is really working hard.) Anyhow, when I finally showed up, every crew member I passed acted all happy to see me and many of them wanted to stop n' chat with me.  And that felt nice.

And even though I missed lunch, when I went to grab a glass of water, the caterers saw me walking by and offered me a plate of veggie lasagna and some other sauteed veggies n' salad n' stuff. And that too felt nice. I've heard there's about 85 people working on our production, and the fact that the caterers have taken the time to remember my name and the food I like to eat... well, that's kinda cool.

And finally, like I was saying above, even though I don't work all day like Jim does - except tweak the occasional dialog and answer the odd prop or scene question - no one considers what I do as doing nothing. Even though I feel like I'm not really serving much of a purpose on set, people are always saying really kind things like how it's great to have me there, how they love the script, and other stuff like that.

Anyhow... it's just the little things like that that really make me feel warm in the heart, and make it a joy to go on set every day, no matter how stressful or exhausting things get. :)

Okay, it's almost 1:30, so I'm going to cut this short. Thank gawd we don't have to be on set until 11:30 tomorrow (because we went way into OT today). We are gonna sleeeeeeeep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment