Jim n' I have been told that by day four, everyone finds their groove. Sure enough, today was a good day....
* Everyone was in great spirits and really hitting their stride.
* The weather held out, even though they had been calling for rain.
* We got some beautiful shots.... really beautiful shots. I think people will be quite surprised that this film was made for under $3M.
* Even though we were running late and racing against the clock, we managed to wrap up the day by the skin of our teeth. (Fort Langely has a curfew for large trucks - and all our equipment is obviously moved by large trucks. We wrapped mere minutes before curfew came into effect.)
* One of the stand-ins bought Jim n' I a coffee, which was very sweet.
* A lot of crew members have been really complimenting our script, which always feels nice to know that it's not "just a job" for them (or at least for some of them). The most common remark is how rare it is that an original script like ours ever gets made. One guy told Jim that he was so sick of all the shit that's out there, that he left the film industry years ago in favour of opening up a couple restaurants. After ten years (!) of turning down film opportunities, it was our script that made him come back. What a compliment! It's funny because it's hard for me to feel emotionally connected to our story. After working on it for so long, it's been reduced to just words on a page that I've read far too many times. So it's really wonderful to hear that so many people think it's something special.
* We filmed the exciting dog bite scene -- and Jebus, that dog was scary!! Of course, I've always been freaked out by German Shepherds due to Steph's dog Rolphie always trying to eat me whenever I went over to her place in high school. Seriously, that dog was insane... Which is why I wrote that the mean dog in our story is a German Shepherd. The first dog wasn't attacking our stunt girl properly, so they brought in a second, and BOY, he was more than happy to chew off her arm! Freaked me out just watching the monitor.
Anyhow, we do our big bridge shoot tomorrow out in Harrison after Danny returns from Oprah. Oh man... it's gonna be a looooong day for him, and it's gonna be chilly too!! Something tells me he's gonna want to use his pocket warmers tomorrow. So far he hasn't wanted them, so our on-set wardrobe lady has been passing them off to me. ;) Everyone is sooo nice to me on set, I don't feel out of place at all.
Well, it's 1:30, so I should be off to bed. I doubt I'll blog tomorrow as we'll be filming all night, and there is no cell reception out by this bridge. It's that far off the beaten track.
Okay, night-night...
YAY! Glad to hear everything is coming together! Have fun on Junop bridge :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see this in the theatre!!! SO awesome. I feel like a commenter-broken-record but it's so exciting! These blog posts seriously make my day.
ReplyDelete