Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recent Hodge Podge

Since I have a few minutes on my hands before bedtime, I feel obligated to write a post, but I'm not sure what about. So please excuse me as a ramble incoherent point-form style....

* Yesterday Jim's folks managed to spend some time on set. And while we've been forewarning all our visitors that it's fairly unlikely they'll get to meet any actors, Bob n' Linda were fortunate enough to spend a few minutes with DG bragging about the one topic all people in their demographic love the most... grandchildren.

You could tell the chance encounter totally made their day. I was watching as Bob's leg unconsciously swung back n' forth from under his chair like a happy puppy dog tail, as Danny showed him pictures of his grandson. Jim n' I were so happy for them to have that opportunity, because we really didn't expect it. The stars have their own tent, but DG just happened to grab a seat beside them, and even grabbed Bob's knee at one point. (He said he'll never wash those pants again. Ha. ;)

* Jim's Aunt Pat and Aunt Karen n' Uncle Gord, and his cousin Rob also stopped by the set yesterday.  They didn't get to meet any of our stars (Aunt Karen was hoping to catch a glimpse of Bruce Greenwood, I think ;), but they seemed to really enjoy themselves all the same.

Before heading home, three of them stopped by again this a.m. and we managed to fit them in as extras. Pat was a woman walking down a sidewalk, and Karen & Gord were a couple leaving the bookstore. I think they got a kick out of it.

* Our investors, their business partners and their lawyer also all stopped by the set on Monday, making it an incredibly busy day visitor-wise. They seemed to have a blast... despite acknowledging how totally boring and un-glamorous movie-making is. Sitting in a cold, damp tent all day, as each scene is shot and reshot for hours n' hours n' hours n' hours on end. Our investors gave us a stunning rose and a bottle of champagne to celebrate our success. They truly are incredibly people.

* Alas, my bookstore cameo never came to be this afternoon. We didn't do any wide shots of the store, so there was no point. They say they're going to use me elsewhere, which is fine as long as it isn't the scene where I have to stare straight into the camera and look scared. That requires far more acting ability than I'll ever muster.

* On the weekend, we were disappointed to see that the Vancouver Sun jumped the gun without fact-checking and did a little announcement about our film, calling it a TV movie. Both Jim and AS were sorta pissed, since our film is intended for theatrical release (it might end up being limited, but it's still theatrical....) However, I'm not too concerned about what the Sun writes. I know that our publicist will be issuing a press release sometime this week, and that'll correct everyone. Plus, we have The Province coming to set next week to do a little spread. It's also been cool to see where DE is popping up online, like The Hollywood Reporter.

I know I should be excited about the press... and I guess I am... but at the same time, I think we're both in a very mellow space right about everything that's happening. It's more like, "Cool... Glad to see we're getting some press. Now what time do we have to set the alarm for tomorrow?"

Speaking of which...

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope that blogspot lets me post a comment, unlike stupid facebook which is preventing me from catching up with *anyone*. Gr.

    Okay, so I have been reading all of your blog posts that I've missed (I still wonder how the heck you have time to blog, chicka!) and I am totally eating them up!

    I'm so glad that DG is in a better mood...I loved learning some film lingo (maybe it will make me sound slightly smarter, eh?)...I want to sit in the damp tent so badly I can hardly stand it...the catering sounds awesome!...the pictures are amazing and give me goosebumps...and I can't wait to read more!

    Good for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete