Y'ever have one of those moments where you're cooking up a storm, and then you suddenly realize that the recipe is a lot more involved that you originally expected? Well, I'm in the middle of that little dilemma right now.
I suppose this could've been prevented had I read the recipe through before I jumped into it... but now I'm standing here waiting for my curry sauce to simmer for 15 minutes before I begin to blend it. I guess that's not the biggest thing to go wrong in the kitchen. The recipe could've said "let marinade overnight", or I could've burned everything to a crisp. Still, I was hoping to eat in the next ten minutes or so... not simmer for 15, blend, and then proceed to cook everything even longer once I add the chicken. Thank goodness I use fake chicken, so the remaining cooking time shouldn't take as long as the recipe requires.
Oh well, in the meantime, it sure does smell good. And besides, Jim is still busy on the phone with the editor, so he's not ready to eat anytime soon. They're scrambling to finish this latest cut before tomorrow's night test screening. Yes, another one. There can be as many as a dozen test screenings before a film is released. I believe once everything is said n' done, our film will have had 5 or 6 test screenings.
The "BIG" screening will be in another week or so, which will be split between two large audiences in Toronto and Vancouver. That one will determine what kind of release we get. I think either way, positive response or not, we'll get a very limited release, simply due to budget constraints. But the outcome of the screening could be the difference between a Toronto/Vancouver release or a straight-to-video Blockbuster release.
Anyhoo, looks like it's almost time to begin blending my mango chicken curry. If the recipe ends up being any good (I'm sure it will), I'll share it on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment