Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hiya

So we're finally back online.

Needless to say, over the last two weeks I've had bits n' bursts of random blog post ideas bubbling up everywhere. Jim kept telling me that I should be recording my little stories in Word and just paste 'em over later, but I had too much unpacking and organizing to do to sit down and write. Plus, Word doesn't seem to paste well in Blogger and I lose patience trying to fix the formatting.

Anyway, now that we finally have internet access again and I can begin my blogfest, I just learned that I have a immediate deadline to tend to. The Page International Screenwriting Awards had asked me months ago to write an article for them. But with the collective chaos of Christmas and then moving, I haven't written anything yet. The deadline to submit was yesterday, but I told them I'd have the article ready by the end of the day tomorrow.

They're really eager to share our little success story. Between three to five thousand people submit to the Page competition every year, and only a handful win. And of the winners, screenplays that get produced are still pretty rare. So they asked me to write a 700-1000 word article sharing our experience. I could easily write twice that in no time flat, so I think it'll be more a matter of editing myself down.

Anyway, it shouldn't be long before I wrap it up and can return to my regularly scheduled blogging. I just wanted to stop bye and say hiya for now if there's anyone still out there reading. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm still here Mel, glad to see you back!! Mom C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here too, glad to have you back online. Was jonesing for my MellyK fix! :o)

    Good luck with the project -- look forward to reading your next posts all about your latest adventures.

    ReplyDelete