I wish I knew HTML better.
I've been trying to replace my blegh blog template with something a little more aesthetically pleasing.
Should be easy right?
Well, apparently it is for everyone else in the world, 'cept me. Seems that if I update anything on the template, I'll lose all my archived posts and widgets, etc.
Lame.
I've looked up a few tutorials online, but for some reason the process appears a lil' more complicated than I had expected. *sigh* Actually, that should sound more like an *exasperated huff*.
I really don't know what I'm doing...
I need help.
I need Jim's html and web savvy.
But first, I need to get Jim to stop playing internet checkers!
Over the last few months he's improved from the most basic beginner level to expert. He's now winning about 60% of his games against other experts from all over the world. Quite an accomplishment, right? So, that being said, I think it's high time that he just retire champ and help me fancy up my blog. ;)
In other news, we did the big grocery shop today.
Ha. I love how I refer to grocery shopping as "news". Quite the exciting life I lead, no? But honestly, I always love the big shop. (I think I might've mentioned all this before?) I enjoy filling my cart with food, thinking about what I'd like to cook over the next few weeks, and trying out new recipes n' products... Fun stuff. Well, at least for me anyway.
So anyhow, while shopping today I experienced what could easily be considered the equivalent to a bird pooping on your shirt. Y'know, one of those unexpected gross situations that leaves you dirty and slightly embarrassed?
It all started when I was stocking up on those green boxes of Knorr soup. They're always cheaper if you buy 6 at a time, and because I love me some soup (for it's convenience, speed and taste), I decided to grab a dozen boxes.
See, I wasn't kidding when I referred to this as "the big shop."
Anyhow, as I reached out and grabbed a box of Autumn Vegetable, it suddenly vomited a bright orange trail right down my front. It squirted on to my nice black jacket, dribbled down my fresh-from-the-dryer jeans, and splashed onto my sock. Ugh. I guess the soup box must've been accidentally sliced whenever they cut open the pack it came in?
As I initially stood there frozen, absorbed in what is probably best described as a slo-mo 'WTF?' moment, my hero Jim jumped into action and tracked down a grocery dude for some paper towel. However, by the time he returned, I had made a resourceful recovery using items in my grocery cart -- tissues and Spray n' Wash. I swear it would've made for the perfect hidden camera commercial.
I'll also have you know that this is the first time I've ever purchased Spray n' Wash in my life.
Coincidence? I think not!
Actually, I bought it because I got some acrylic paint on my shirt the other day, and the Spray n' Wash says it can remove set-in stains, so I'm hoping it'll have some success.
So yeah, that was my fun at the grocery store.
Then after grocery shopping, we stopped in for a quick lunch at Taco Time. Don't ask me why I love Taco Time so damn much, but I do. You seriously couldn't pay me enough to step foot in a Taco Bell -- I have never eaten there and I never will. And yet, for some reason I take no issue with it's cousin. Probably because TT offers veggie options, and as far as fast food crap goes, it at least appears to be of slightly better quality.
Well, that is until today...
I was eating my usual veggie burrito. A tasty combo of refried beans, brown rice, fried peppers n' onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, extra hot sauce and plastic bag.
Yep... plastic bag.
I thought it was lettuce, but it was just a little too chewy. I discretely pulled the small fingernail-sized piece from my mouth, and saw that it was actually the corner of a clear plastic bag. I assume that it probably fell in whenever they snipped open the salsa and poured it into its prep bowl... or at least something along those lines.
Now, how embarrassing is it that I should not only admit to you that Taco Time is my biggest fast food guilty pleasure, but also confess that a bite of baggie burrito won't stop me from going back.
Bet you never imagined that I could be so gross, huh?
Hey, they gave me a coupon for a free veggie burrito n' medium soft drink - of course I'm gonna go back. I love those veggie burritos... even if it means occasionally consuming a little plastic. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment