Rose
A few people have actually sponsored me for the 10K run on Sunday. (I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am.) So, to those of you who have sponsored me, thank you!! And to those who haven't, it's not too late. ;)
Thorn
It looks like Sunday is gonna be chilly with a forecast of only 4'C! (With snow called for on Tuesday! Snow!! Let's hope they're only talking about the higher elevations.) I guess if I'm running Sunday morning, I won't notice the cold too much - hopefully.
Actually, I don't know if this should be counted as a thorn for this week, since it technically doesn't fall between Oct.4 - 9. Oh well...
Rose
We wrapped up our Telefilm proposal, further script tweaks, new synopsis, and bios yesterday. So next week is looking pretty free n' clear, until we head to Vancouver and dive into the next phase of rewrites. Seems that every week for the last two or three weeks we've been saying, "Next week is lookin' good..." But next week never comes. I'm really looking forward to a bit of a break instead of burning midnight (or at least late-evening) oil.
Thorn
I had a very anxious week. I don't know why, but it was one of those weeks where all my inner turmoil came to a head, and I was feeling very on edge... as demonstrated with my Big Oily Venti post. I really need to make more time to meditate on a regular basis and just learn to let go of these things that make me sooo very angry. Some days I feel like my blood is absolutely boiling and that my heart is going to pound right out of my chest. Like I said in my Venti post, I'm really doing myself more physical harm than anything else.
However, writing it out certainly felt good.
Rose
We received a letter from Abdul-Rahim this week, the little boy we sponsor in Ghana, which is always a nice surprise. He thanked us for the stickers we stapled to his birthday card. You're not allowed to send gifts because of shipping costs and whatnot, so we do what we can to try and get around that. It is his birthday after all, you kinda what to sent the lil' guy something!
On a related note, it's always very difficult to find a child's birthday card that doesn't talk about cake, ice cream and presents. (Because I'm pretty sure he didn't receive any of the above on his special day... a day he shares with yours truly, btw.)
Thorn
Umm... I can't think of any more thorns off the top of my head. That last one was my biggest beef ce semaine. So let's just continue on with the rest of my roses, shall we?
Rose
I just found out about a half hour ago that I can prepare Thanksgiving dinner this year... well, for the most part. I asked Jim's mom if I could make all the food for dinner on Sunday - 'cept for the turkey of course because I don't think anyone but Jim n' I would enjoy tofurky much. (Although I've never personally had it, so I can't really say for sure if I'd enjoy it much either...) Anyhow, my point is Jim's mom is making the turkey and "officially" hosting the dinner, but I'm gonna prepare all the trimmings on Saturday and then bring it out with us after the run on Sunday.
I haven't hosted Thanksgiving in about 9 years, when I invited a bunch of other stranded friends n' college students over for a fab dinner. I'm tres excited for this opportunity! :) Fun! Fun! Fun!
....I sure hope everyone enjoys my cooking.
Rose
My dad called me earlier this week and said that he's making pickles, and asked if I wanted him to ship me out some. (As if he needed to ask...) We made a bunch when he n' mom came out to house-sit for us while we were in Europe last year. Some were regular dills, some with garlic, some with hot peppers... But 6 little jars was hardly enough, and I went through them in a few short months. I told him to send me a BIG jar this time... maybe two. I sure hope they don't break in the mail!
I LOVE homemade dill pickles - and at least this time it won't be my kitchen that gets all stinked up. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment