Rose
Okay, so even though I started last week's roses n' thorns with thesixtyone, it has again been one of the biggest highlights of my week. (Sheesh, what does that say about me? Clearly I don't get out much.) Anyhow, I've discovered some really, truly amazing tunes and new artists this week. Love, love, love that site.
Thorn
Still haven't quite shaken this cold. Unbelievable. I think I'm finally on the mend, but it really is ridiculous.
Rose
We finished our script... or at least our latest draft of our script... this week. So that's a huge weight temporarily off our shoulders. We still have to whip up a new synopsis n' stuff this weekend to include with our Telefilm package, but that's pretty minor. We have a conference call with our producers on Monday, so hopefully they'll like what we've come up with. (They're reading it this weekend.) We think it's pretty good. I mean, it could always be polished a lil' more, but that's what the next draft is for, right?
Thorn
I haven't been falling asleep right away at night lately. I think my mind has just been too wound up. Normally, I fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow; however, this week it's been taking me a good hour or two of tossing and turning before the sandman catches up with me. Kinda annoying.
Speaking of not sleeping well, here's something interesting and borderline disturbing... Today I picked up some multivitamins at that GNC store in the mall, and the guy behind the counter tossed in a free sample of four blue sleeping pills. WTF? Not even herbal supplements either... but actual sleeping pills. And I'm pretty sure I didn't look tired or anything, otherwise maaaaybe I could understand... well, maybe not even then. I just said something like, "Oh, how did you know?!"
Kinda weird, don't you think?
Rose
All the script paperwork is finally done! Between the Purchase Option Agreement and Rewrite Agreement, yesterday we trudged our way through a million pages of cumbersome legalize and signed our lives away. Yes, it's official, we no longer own the rights to DE. Don't worry, we're not scared or anything. It's merely a formality. It's the only way we'd qualify for funding - the script needs to be owned by an established producer. So now we can finally get paid. Thank gawd.
Thorn
When we signed our lives away we learned that we only get paid 25% now and the other 75% after the next rewrite is done. So much for my little "reward splurge" on a new fall wardrobe or any trips out to Ontariariario in the immediate future. Looks like we'll have to stick to our current budget for a while longer. Of course, we expect this next rewrite to be done rather quickly, as it'll only be a few tweaks n' polishing... not a complete overhaul like the massive rewrite we just finished. So it'll only be about 8 weeks max before we see the rest of our cash. Just in time for Christmas shopping.
Rose
I made a delicious vegetarian shepherd's pie this week. I was craving comfort food, and my gawd... It. Was. Awesome! Being the perfect husband he is, Jim always complements my cooking every single night, but I honestly lost count of how many times he said between chomps, "This is really, really good!" Even when I served it as leftovers the next day. I'm gonna have to make it more often.
Thorn
For the last month or so, I've been wanting to make this recipe from my Vegetarian Times Magazine called mango-avocado wrap. I love both mangos and avocados individually and I love mango avocado salsa... so it sounded like a winner, right?
Wrong.
Just to be different I suppose, the friggin' recipe called for Vietnamese rice paper to roll it up in, instead of using a regular wrap. Lower fat, fewer calories n' all that I guess? Well, let me tell you... it was effing DISGUSTING! Never again! The wrap was thin and sticky, because you have to wet the rice paper first to make it pliable. I used two wraps because it just seemed way too thin. But even so, when we held the wraps in our hands, we could feel the mushiness of the contents inside. Jim likened it to holding an organ. The texture of the damp rice paper felt like I was biting into skin. It was SO gross. I thought I was going to be sick for the rest of the afternoon. Honestly.
What a disappointment. I think if I ever make it again, I will not use the rice paper and will stick to regular whole wheat wraps.
Rose
We finally got our car back this week. Don't know if that should be a rose or not? The loaner was quite nice and spacious. I guess it's good to have things back to normal though. It's also nice that almost all the work was covered under warrantee, except for a few spark plugs n' whatnot. Sounds like the problem was a manufacturing defect and they basically had to rebuild the engine. So I'll say it again, thank gawd the car is still under warrantee!
Thorn
I started training again yesterday for the 10K . I guess I'm gonna have to go pretty hardcore this week if I want to build up my stamina and make up for my lack of training over this last month. Actually, this thorn should probably be a rose because while training yesterday I really surprised myself. I can run quite a distance without slowing down or stopping! Far more than I expected. I think I'll do okay come race day. Although, I feel like all that running yesterday aggravated my cold a little. Stupid cold.
And that's it!
No comments:
Post a Comment