Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hardcore Soup and Jammies

It occurred to me yesterday that we have officially entered another phase of Hardcore Soup and Jammies.

No, we're not sick. Just busy.

Hardcore soup means that we're too busy to take the time to cook decent meals. Actually, so far I've been making a solid effort to cook at least one good meal a day. Last night I made one of Jim's favourites - Hunan Kung Pao stir-fry.

Of course it helps that we haven't done grocery shopping recently, so there's no boxes of soup in the house to fall back on. Although Jim just left a few moments ago to buy a bunch, if that foreshadows anything.

Hardcore Jammies means that we're too busy to leave the house, so we don't bother getting dressed in "public" clothes. However, I will point out that neither of us are ever too busy for a shower or nice bubble bath. But after that, we're back into either back into jammies or other "around the house" threads.

I always feel like I'm such a depressing sloth during these busy phases. Eating simple meals, wearing lazy clothes, and missing out on the sunshine as I sit on the couch staring at the laptop for hours upon hours day and night. Blegh.

I want to find some balance, but as many of you 'work from home' folks know, it can be very hard to pull yourself away from your work. Especially when you've got a critical timeline that is insanely crunchy. Hopefully just by getting dressed, cooking a real meal now n' then, and even just taking a quick walk down the path once in a while, will be enough to prevent the Hardcore Soup and Jammies Blues.

In the meantime, I think we're making some good progress, and should hopefully meet our deadline with ease. *knock on wood* We were just told the other day that "while writing takes as long as it takes" if we can get this draft in sooner than March 12th, that would be best, as it'll buy us more time with deadlines down the road. Because who knows how long it takes for Telefilm, actors, lawyers, anyone, to get back to you. Just because you have tight deadlines to go into production this fall, doesn't mean they live by the same clock.

So, on that note, if I'm not around much for the next lil' bit... well, you know why.

1 comment:

  1. Working around the clock... I have no idea what you mean?

    (posted at 2:07 a.m.)

    ReplyDelete