I'm happy because I had so much fun out with the girls on Saturday night. We enjoyed a late dinner at DJ's Mexican Restaurant, followed by dancing at Roses. I was smart and drank plenty of water (and light beer) so I wouldn't be hurting the next morning. The only thing aching was my left knee. I have no idea what the hell I did to it -- must've been my super fancy dance moves? Fortunately, it seems to be better today. Gawd, I am totally getting old...
I'm happy because I had the most perfectly perfect Valentine's Day with my most perfectly perfect Valentine. I started the day by making us banana waffles with real maple syrup. After breakfast, Jim n' I exchanged flowers for scratch n' wins along with sappy cards. (You can use your intuition to guess who gave which to whom.) We then spent the afternoon at Blendz, drinking coffee (well, I had London Fog, but whatever...) and working on our revised script outline. Afterwards, Jim surprised me with dinner at Manteo, where we held our wedding reception.
Once back home, Jim (who really went over the top) surprised me again with chocolate, wine, danishes (which he had originally bought for our breakfast) and a new pack of conversation cards, which I haven't been able to find anywhere! Last Valentine's I prepared our dinner table with a set of conversation cards, and we played with them as we ate. They ask all kinds of interesting questions, encouraging conversations about topics you normally wouldn't think to discuss. We had so much fun with them that I wanted to find another deck this year, but the store was no longer carrying them. Jim still won't tell me where he managed to locate the new edition. Sneaky! Sneaky! :P
I'm happy because I just submitted this week's Urban Harvest order. Don't ask me why this excites me so much, but it does. For almost a half hour, I was sitting here with a stupid grin on my face, picking n' choosing from their unique selection of produce. I love mixing it up, and researching all the different kinds of vegetables I've never heard of before. Call me a food geek, I really don't care. I like that I find delight in such little things.
I'm happy because our new outline is 97% there. (Thanks mostly to Jim. I always take very thorough notes in our meetings, and then he works everything into a comprehensive spreadsheet.) We just have one problem left to solve that takes place in the third act. What is Lionel's motivation to... well, I probably shouldn't tell you. Suffice to say, we need to figure out why he'd be motivated to do A instead of B, when B seems like the perfect solution, but unfortunately, it doesn't give us the action we need to take place. Blegh. I'm still happy though... because like I said, we're almost there.
Anyhoo, that being said, I should probably work with Jim to try n' figure that last problem out... I think I might have a solution that could work. If it does, then I'll really have good reason to be happy!
Your life sounds so fantastic. Please don't have children until you are thoroughly bored with it. If ever.
ReplyDeleteAt the hotel there was a wedding reception on Saturday night into Sunday morning. Technically Valentine's Day when Sunday began.
ReplyDeleteBride and groom had a room. Noise complaint later in the night about them they were...... talking too much. Huh? Went upstairs and they were talking but quietly so just went back downstairs. Not a noise complaint you think you might get. ha ha.
Jeremy - And yet when we hear about you n' Tannis doing all sorts of cool things with your lil' crew, you totally make parenting seem enviable, like your days are filled with all kinds of rewarding fun! (I almost said you make it look easy... but I know better! ;) I will admit, I'm glad we've decided to wait. We may end up being the "old" parents, but at least we won't have any regrets.
ReplyDeleteRobert - *LOL* Too funny. :)