Saturday, February 27, 2010

Muddy Dreams

I have five minutes before din-din has to come out of the oven, so I'm gonna quickly blog about the interesting dream I had last night.

I dreamt that there was a mudslide on the mountain that we can see from our living room window. We watched the trees lose their footing as the mud n' rocks poured down on top of the houses at the mountain's base. I turned my head for a moment, and when I looked back the mudslide was now a block closer, consuming everything in its path in giant chocolate waves.

The next thing I knew, it poured over our apartment building. We were confined inside with no way out. I was sure that they'd have to call in the army to dig out our entire neighbourhood... who knows how long it would take?

That's when I noticed that I could still see a few inches of sunlight peering in from the top of our vaulted window. There was still a way out. All hope had not been lost.

I don't usually wake up knowing exactly what my dreams are trying to tell me, but I think the message in this one came across loud and clear: While we're currently confined to our apartment, bogged down in work, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, just for fun, I checked my dream dictionary and it said that "digging through mud" (which is what I was just about to start doing to escape, right before I woke up) means that "hard work will pay off with success and wealth". Ha. I don't know where the hell they came up with that interpretation, but I'll take it! (Then again, "being stuck in an avalanche" had a far less positive meaning -- something about bad things are going to happen. But since this was a mudslide and not an avalanche, I'm going to opt for the other interpretation... or better yet, just stick to my own.)

And now I better go grab my vegetarian shepherd's pie. Ah... comfort food. (And tomorrow's leftovers means NO SOUP FOR ME!)

No comments:

Post a Comment