Monday, April 5, 2010

11th Hour Solution

This is just a quick two second post because I really have to get back to work, but I was just too excited to keep it to myself.

Within the last hour or two, Jim n' I (well, I'll give most of the credit to Jim for this one - YAY JIM!!) came up with an awesome solution to a story problem that has been plaguing us for a very long time. Before the problem was just a smallish issue, but after this recent round of edits, it suddenly became MUCH worse due to new contributing factors that totally messed with that element of the story.

While the so-called tweak didn't seem like a huge deal to our producers, to Jim n' I it actually posed a plot problem so massive that we worried we'd never be able to solve it without completely overhauling the story from scratch. If that was the case, we knew the movie would never get made... at least not this year.

Seriously.  It was a big friggin' conundrum!

I won't get into all the details because:
1. I don't have time.
2. Our solution is a spoiler.

But, I just wanted to write a quick note to say we're both very, very happy right now. I hope our producers love this new idea too. They should. I think it's very smart and really cleans things up.

Holy damn, I'm excited!

Okay... and now back to work...

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo happy for you and Jim!!! I hope the producers like it too!!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val! Sounds like they did. Thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete