I don't know why I decided to post my favourite news sources on here, but I did.
Here they are...
Castanet - This is the starting point for my daily digest of current events. Local, provincial, national, world, entertainment - all the biggest headlines are here. There's also a link to the BCSPCA site, so I can easily jump over there to get my dose of cuteness and heartache on the adoptions page. I love reading the pet bios, even though they can become pretty generic and repetitive.
CBC - After Castanet, I usually do a quick tour around CBC. I always scroll through other readers' comments and try to balance the scales of public opinion by weighing in on every article I read. No, I don't actually make any comments myself... or at least I haven't yet. Instead, I prefer to anonymously click away on the "like" and "dislike" voting buttons :P
Grist - Ah, I love Grist. Based out of Seattle, Grist is an environmental news site with a team of great writers. They have clever tag-lines such as, "A beacon in the smog" and "Doom and gloom with a sense of humour." I think it'd be a lot of fun to work there. They write some pretty funny, punny stuff without ever losing the message. I've been getting their newsletters for at least six years now, and have proudly watched as they've successfully grown in leaps and bounds. It gives me a pang of hope that there really is a greater awareness of these important issues.
Happy News - As you can probably guess, this site focuses only on the happy news in life. It's a great site that I don't fit into my routine nearly as often as the others above. But hopefully by having it posted on here, I'll remember to go there more often. It really is a breath of fresh air.
All right... and now I think I'm gonna call it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment