Well, today was pretty exciting in the sense that our movie has finally been made public! Yay!
While checking the web stats for our DE blog this morning, I saw that a couple other bloggers have written something about our movie. One of the blogs linked to a blurb in The Province that we weren't aware of. Coolio! (BTW, I'm not providing links to these other sites, because I don't want those other bloggers checking their web stats and then being linked back here. I'd rather keep this blog just between you n' you n' you n' me.)
Afterwards, Jim n' I had to run out to buy him some rain gear (for the inevitable weather he's going to encounter at some point while shooting), so we decided to grab a cheap breakfast at this little 1950's style greasy spoon. While waiting for a booth, we flipped open The Province to the entertainment section and staring us right back in the face was a pic of Danny, followed by the same little blurb posted in The Province online about movies being shot in the area. Fun!
When we got back home later on, I noticed that someone else had commented that they think our movie has a 50/50 chance of being good, which I think is a pretty fair wager, considering the number of deja vu themed movies that have come out these last few years, and the number that've been stinkers. Not to mention, movies are so subjective, we certainly don't expect everyone to like ours. Actually, Jim n' I are very well aware that many of our friends n' family wouldn't enjoy our movie if we weren't the ones who made it. (You can deny it all you want, but we know that most of you will be watching with biased eyes... and that's okay. ;)
Anyhow, the 50/50 comment ended on the note that Jim seems like an interesting guy. (I guess they listened to his interview on the blog?) This made us realize that now more than ever, people will have the freedom to openly trash or praise our art, publicly pass judgement on us, or say whatever else they please.
Fortunately, I don't care. I really love myself, (not in an "Aren't I great?" way, but more in a confident, "I don't give a flyin' fig what anyone else thinks of me" way), so I don't mind too much if someone doesn't like me or my art, because ultimately it doesn't matter. I'm just hoping that Jim has/quickly develops the same sort of thick skin. I've been saying for years that when the time finally comes, we can't afford to care -- unless, of course, our movie is critically panned. In which case, we'll just have to chalk it up to a life lesson.
Anyhow, either way, we're about to enter a very interesting new phase in our lives - for better or worse. I'm counting on better though, because I live on the bright side like that. And really, anything that takes us closer to achieving our career goals is definitely better!
On a final note, Jim just noticed that our two stars have been posted on our IMDB page today. IMDB has them listed as "rumoured", but I can assure you that they've signed. ;)
Yay! Okay... NOW it feels real!!
OMG you have an IMDB page!!! How super cool is that?! You guys are total rock stars already. Tim and I are super enjoying this vicarious living. :D
ReplyDeleteHa ha! Yes, living vicariously until all the scathing reviews come in. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny because looking at my sad lil' IMDB page with it's single credit, I suddenly feel the pressure to write another screenplay a.s.a.p. to help fill it up a bit. It's like staring at an empty resume. ;)