I didn't go in today because they were location scouting the bridge in Mission and certain intersections in Fort Langely, and there's never any room for me in the van between Jim, TC, our Production Manager, First A.D., Set Designer, and Location Scout. So I just stayed home and worked on the Blue draft like a good lil' writer. ('Blue' because drafts, schedules, DOOD's (Days Out Of Days... whatever that means) and one-liners are all colour-coded in a specific order, so people are sure they have the latest version.)
Anyway... so now I'm just sitting here waiting. I know that whenever Jim gets out of his meeting and calls me, it'll still be another 40 minutes give-or-take before he gets home. Until then, this is how I'm feeling...
Yay! A second before I clicked "Publish Post" Jim called. I've been chatting with him for the last while and the GPS says he'll be home in 12 minutes. I suddenly feel much less lonely now. :)
He filled me in on his day, so I might as well share it while I'm here.
The low being the latest financing details, and how HGF is dragging their feet. They plan to get back to us in 'two weeks', which they've been saying for the last two months!! (Apparently this is par for the course as they like to always be "last money". I wonder if that means they'd be first to recoup? There must be some reason...)
Meanwhile, the high was checking out more nifty prop stuff. Today our costume designer's assistant brought in some different materials for Jim to approve before she makes Magnolia's 1960's coat. He said she's proposing an amber-coloured shell, a soft white inside lining and a white furry trim. I was really excited to hear about this... although I don't know what I was expecting? It's not like you can pick up a 1960's coat at Zellers. Anyhow, I thought it was pretty cool.
Oh, and now Jim just walked in the door! Yay!
Good bye.
Maybe HGF always likes to be the last money so it's like they are riding in on their white horse and saving the day??? Just a thought...
ReplyDeleteHmm... that's an interesting thought!
ReplyDelete