Just three quick follow-ups to yesterday's post.
1. We found a solution to our VFX conundrum this morning, by changing the scene to be more powerful in another way. Sometimes less is truly more.
2. I just realized that I never told you who we ended up choosing for our Maggie!
Sadly, Maggie # 3 couldn't dredge up the tears needed for the emotional climax. I was listening from the other room really hoping she'd get it, as Jim went through the scene with her four times. Each time she just ended up sounding very whiney and fake. (Sorry, that's not meant to sound as harsh as it does. But you get what I'm saying, right? Like when a kid pretends to cry and they make that whiney voice... Anyway... ) It's too bad, because the rest of her acting was very natural and our Sarah said she felt a real connection to her. We also felt bad because her mother said that she always loses out on parts to Maggie #1, because Maggie #1 knows how to bring on the waterworks. Unfortunately, this role was no exception.
Meanwhile, Maggie # 1's crew was over the moon. She's done a lot of TV movies, but I think this might be her first feature. Her mother had been calling the casting director for weeks, eagerly trying to find out if she got the part. So, good for her. She really is a talented lil' pro.
Actually, if you check out our IMDB page, you'll see that Maggie #1's agent posted her cute mug to our cast list this a.m. It's sort of neat to see new faces slowly appear on there. I'm sure there'll be a real influx of headshots this week.
3. Remember how I was saying that yesterday's commute was the longest ever? Yeah... well, we beat it today by a good 10 - 15 minutes. Almost 2 hours to get to work! Awesome!!
Okay, and now I really gotta get to work.
Where is your IMDB page?
ReplyDeleteHere you go! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1743922/combined
ReplyDelete