Here we go...
This is our schedule on the wall, where our Production Manager has cut up and posted our 'one liner'. One liners are handed out to everyone to show what scenes are scheduled to shoot on which days. Each scene is briefly described in a single line.
Here are some pics I took down in the wardrobe department. All these clothes are now in a trailer at "the circus". (The circus is where catering and all the big trucks for equipment, wardrobe and props are parked.) An important aspect for Jim was that each character had a certain pallet. For instance, Don is dressed mostly in earth tones, Finnley wears a lot of blues, Maggie is fun clash of colours, etc.
Exciting, huh? ;P As our little Maggie said, the wardrobe department looks very "Value Village". ;)
Alright, now here's some photos taken down at props. Most of the stuff had already been packed up, but you get the idea.
Top shelf (left - right): Powdered potatoes (no idea what those are for?), some Japanese dishes, and low-ball glasses.
Middle shelf: Text books (I think), more glasses for various location, some other stuff I don't remember and can't tell from this picture, and Maggie's spiral notebook lying down in front behind that wine bottle.
Bottom shelf: Whiskey and wine bottles. To the left is where our prop makers created their own bourbon labels. And those colourful things on the right are erasers for Maggie's pencil.
To the right of the shelves is a background for some kid's science fair project, and a couple wooden dinosaur skeleton models for Maggie's bedroom.
This picture isn't much to look at, but in the back right corner are obviously some props for the Japanese restaurant. The boxes in front have all been packed up to take to our locations, like Don's bedroom, Fin's living room, etc. I shoulda got in here a day before they started packing up. These pictures were all taken last Friday, just before everything was loaded onto the trailers.
Also, as I noted in an earlier post, every single prop is ran by Jim or I, from the car Don drives to the key ring he holds... everything.
Various volcanoes... Which I didn't have time to help with, btw. :(
Here we have Maggie's bike from '94 and Magnolia's bike from '64. The volcanoes above and the bikes below were all parked in the hallway, which made it hard to take a decent picture... but you get the idea.
Our last (late!) night at the office. Jim didn't know he was in frame. ;)
Down the stairs where the TV series "Fringe" stores their wardrobe and props....
And out the door...
I obviously didn't take any pictures at our cast read-through on Saturday... except this one....
The line at the bottom says 'Meeting in Progress'. This was taken at the Sutton Hotel where DG & BG are staying. Not to be confused with Sutton Place (where Jim n' I live in Kelowna. ;)
I was just about to include some pictures I took on set, but they're of the final scene of the movie, so I probably shouldn't. Even though a handful of you have read earlier drafts, a lot has changed, so it's best not to be offering up spoilers.
Anyhow, Jim is home with our day one dailies. So, I'm gonna go n' check 'em out!
So much for "I don't feel much like writing this evening", huh?
ReplyDeleteI have to admit - I was totally confused by Sutton Hotel and Sutton Place - I mean, what? DG and BG are too good for the 'Place' - just about all of us Kelowna folk have lived there at some point. Next time the G's (D&B) are passing through K-town, set them up in the Place for some real swanky livin'...
ReplyDeletesorry, it's really late, I should go to sleep.