Two floors down from us, water is leaking from someone's bathroom fan. Luckily the fan is positioned directly above the toilet, so it catches the drips without too much of a mess.
One floor beneath us, someone's kitchen wall is bubbling as water builds up behind a sedimentary rainbow of paint.
Up here in the penthouse (ha!), we haven't had any problems with leaks. Unfortunately, the leak that's plaguing everyone else has taken up residence right behind our walls. Fun!
Last week a maintenance guy came by and removed a panel from our bathroom wall, where he located the leaky culprit. Today, another maintenance guy came by to further inspect the leak. But due to the awkward location of the panel, (beneath the bathroom counter and mirror, tight between the toilet and cupboard) he had to cut a hole in our kitchen wall to get better access. The hole he cut is 1' X 1' 3''.
There's a very good chance that this is gonna get a lot uglier before it gets better. It sounds like they'll need to cut a much larger hole in order to replace all the old pipes behind the wall. Awesomeness!
Oh well, I don't like the colour of our kitchen anyway, so I'm hoping I can use this as an excuse to repaint. :P
Because the bathroom panel hadn't been replaced, later in the day when I went in there, I was surprised to see our cat Emmy looking through the kitchen peephole at me. Here is Jim reenacting my Emmy bathroom surprise. (Except that I didn't tell him that's what he was posing for. Ha.)
We've obviously replaced the panel for a lil' more powder room privacy. Thank goodness we can replace it! Otherwise talk about awkward! Ugh!
Oh yes, good times...


Mel, you totally cracked me up! Am laying here reading your post trying not to laugh out loud (yep, I spelled it the long way for emphasis) because Richard is sleeping. I hope they get things fixed up right quick. Oh, and yes, that you get to repaint your kitchen.
ReplyDeleteActually -- as Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka would say -- scratch that, rewind: I hope you get your kitchen repainted!
Glad it made you laugh. ;) I sure hope it gets fixed up quickly too!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I like your Willy Wonka reference. I haven't seen that movie in far too long!
I hope you get your kitchen painted as well. But I loved!!!! the music. Take care, Mom C.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you did! ;) xx
ReplyDelete