Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Smoking Gun

Apparently there is going to be a movie about the mobster Gotti family, and Linsey Lohan has put out the word that she wants to play Victoria Gotti. While casting hasn't been done yet, Victoria Gotti has given LiLo her blessing. I have to admit that there is a haggard resemblance.

I don't know anything about the Gotti's, so I did a little Googling, and read up on the family. I guess there was a short lived reality TV series about Victoria and her three sons called "Growing Up Gotti". (Gawd, they'll glamourize anything these days, won't they?) But the plug was pulled during it's first season when ratings fizzled. It said on Wikipedia that after the series ended, The Smoking Gun did a parody entitled Blowing Up Gotti, using actual prison footage of family visits with Victoria's imprisoned mob boss father, John Gotti.

There was a link to The Smoking Gun's website, so I decided to check it out -- although I never actually got around to searching for Blowing Up Gotti on the site. I'm not really that interested. Instead, I just wasted the last 10 minutes playing this stupidly addictive game where you match random mug shots to information about the criminal. (Actually, I feel weird referring to them all as criminals, because in some cases I think they were just victims of stupid choices. Like the girl who was probably too mortified to just go up to the counter and buy that tube of KY Jelly, and then gets caught shoplifting it instead.)

Examples of what sort of info you match to mug shots includes what items the person shoplifted, as described above, (btw, women aren't the only ones who steal panties and mascara); the ridiculous weapons they used, which are often not weapons at all, but likely whatever was within arm's reach at the time (like a glass of champagne or telephone); professions (hint: models who've been crying after being arrested for burglary and battery are deceivingly unattractive); as well as tattoos, band t-shirts, nicknames, etc.

I really suck at the game and usually only get 1/5 correct, which is why I think it's so addictive. So I'm going to finally stop messin' around and get on with my day now, but I thought I'd pass the link on to you in case you're looking for a useless challenge. ;)

And yes, I know that this is a totally trashy way to waste my time... but at least it's better than being trashy n' wasted. :P

So click here for The Smoking Gun Time Waster! (Yes, it's actually called that.) My best score was 3/5 - see if you can beat that! Ha.

1 comment:

  1. There! I just wasted more time writing about the time waster than I did playing it. How's that for an effective use of time? :P

    ReplyDelete