I kinda felt like just listening to some tunes this evening, so I thought I'd make it interesting and play that iPod game I've seen surfing around for the last couple years.
To play the iPod game, you just put your iPod on shuffle and then answer the following series of questions. I've never played before because I've always been afraid of what kind of music might come up that'll embarrass me. Not to mention, I haven't updated my iPod in a while. For the last few months I've mostly been listening to CDs or making my own playlists at playlist.com. (Super great site, btw!)
Anyhow, here we go...
1. What does next year have in store for you? Guaranteed - Eddie Vedder
--Wouldn't it be nice if everything over the next year was guaranteed? I'd love nothing more than for all this movie stuff to fall perfectly into place.
2. What does your love life look like next year? I've Got to Use My Imagination - Forrest Gump Soundtrack
--Well, gee... Now that can be taken a number of ways, can't it?
3. What do you say when life gets hard? Love You To Check It Out - DJ BC and the Beastles
--Hard to find a decent interpretation for this one. Maybe it works because I always love to try n' check out the silver lining in any difficult situation. I'm usually a half glass full kind of gal.
4. Song that reminds you of good times? Crash - Dave Matthews
-- Ah, this is easily one of my top five most nostalgic songs. It's one of those songs that no matter how many times you hear it, you're always left with a tingling feeling in you chest, wishing that just for a fleeting moment you could experience that era all over again.
5. What do you think when you get up in the morning? Wake Up Exhausted - Tegan and Sara
--Ha. Now, if that isn't a perfect fit, I don't know what is! Wow!
6. What song will you dance to at your wedding? Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
--Maybe not Hey Joe, but definitely "Hey Jim"... in which case, the "Jimi" side of things kinda works. Okay, so it's a stretch.
7. Song that reminds you of your first kiss? Thank You - Dido
-- Perhaps that's what I might've been thinking at the time, but in retrospect, I think a "NO Thank You" was more in order. Hindsight is always 20/20. However, as for the lyrics, "And I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life"... I do have to admit that my first kiss happened on a very memorable day. One that a close friend n' I still talk about with great fondness and laughter.
8. Your favorite saying? Time and Time Again - Counting Crows
-- Nope. I can't say that "time and time again" is a fav saying of mine. But I still really enjoy all those old melancholy Counting Crows songs.
9. Favorite place? I Bet It Stung - Tegan and Sara (again)
-- This song really doesn't work for the question either. Although I think if the same album comes up twice during this survey, I should be allowed to skip the song, right? Or is that somehow cheating?
Oh, I don't care if it is... this is my blog, therefore I make the rules. I'm skipping this one. Let's see what's next...
Round Here - Counting Crows (again)
--Ack, another repeat album! But this time it actually works. My favourite place? Round here. Sure. Why not? I can safely say that 'round here' definitely is one of my favourite places to be.
10. Most Missed Memory? Let's Call It Off - Peter, Bjorn and John
-- Well, I don't know about that? I'd say calling off a relationship doesn't necessarily provoke the kind of good memory you'd "miss" - even if the end of that relationship opens you up to far more wonderful things. Know what I mean?
11. What song describes your best friend? Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
--This song actually does make me think of one of my bestest friends. Heather loves Jon Bon Jovi. In fact, one Christmas I even sent her a Bon Jovi doll (and defaced his box with some pretty funny comments - if I do say so myself. None of which I'll repeat here.)
12. What song describes your ex? A Black and White Storybook by Roots & Pallete - Counting Heartbeats
-- We were like black and white, which is why our storybook didn't end happily ever after.
13. Where would you go on a first date? Tomorrow Morning - Jack Johnson
-- Boy, that's some kind of first date if it goes on 'til tomorrow morning! That's all I have to say about that.
14. Drug of choice? Sunny Hours - Long Beach Dub Allstars
-- Sunny hours in the summertime sounds like the perfect drug of choice to me.
15. What song describes you? Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis
-- I think that's pretty accurate. I don't look back at much of anything in anger. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm grateful for every experience good and bad that have shaped me into who I am.
16. What is the thing you like doing most? Incomplete - Alanis Morissete
-- Leaving things incomplete. Ha. It's kinda true. One of my favourite things to do is painting, and yet it takes me forever to complete a painting or any sort of artistic project. Unless I have a concrete deadline motivating me, I could spend over a year working on a picture that should only take a few weeks.
17. The song that best describes the prime minister? Tangerine - Led Zepplin
-- When choosing between varieties of mandarin oranges, I vote for Clementines... not Tangerines.
18. Where will you be in 10 years? KRS-One - Sublime
-- The only thing I can really take from this song is that they sing "I know..." about 17 times. So, with that in mind, "I know" that I'm gonna be in a good place 10 years from now.
19. Your love life right now? A Day In The Life of A Beastie Boy - DJ BC and the Beastles
-- In case you didn't know, DJ BC and the Beastles is actually a mash-up between two songs -- one by the Beatles and the other by the Beastie Boys. Believe it or not, it really works well. So, what does this song say to me... that we make a perfect blend, and I wouldn't trade a day in my life to be with anyone else but my beastie boy. ;)
20. What is your state of mind like at the moment? Decom-Posure - NOFX
-- I don't know what this song says about my state of mind at the moment, but I really like the lyrics, and was actually singing them out loud earlier, "She's a painting outta focus with no good sense of intention she's authentic/ She's a model of disaster with a heart of revolution/She's so innocent, but guilty's her plea/ everybody wants to save her from herself, they really want to save themselves/ She's got the grace of a tourist with the heart of demolition/ She's a poem without meter or rhyme a random design / Of a flower like a rose, no one really knows/ She's a masterpiece deserving restoration or condemnation time will tell us/ If she's a lifer or a decomposuer she is a rose no one really knows"
21. How will you die? Argue - Matchbox 20
-- Gawd, I hope not! What an awful way to die as a result of an argument. BTW, the next song is Object of My Affection by Peter, Bjorn and John. I think I'd rather die from being loved to death, wouldn't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment