So, with that in mind, I thought it might be a fun way to sum up my week.
Okay, so here you go...
This Week's Roses...
* Well, first and foremost, I love all the little breakthroughs that we came up with for the script, even though the process itself can sometimes get a little thorny.
* Clear smoke-free skies, at long last!! It was so nice to get outside and go for a walk or run again and not feel like you're sitting downwind of a campfire, sucking back mouthfuls of ash and smoke.
* Hiking over Knox Mountain with Laura. I haven't hiked over Knox in a year (or two?), and it felt really good to get outside, enjoy the nice views and even nicer conversation. :)
* That Charlie Bit My Finger video, which I must've watched at least a dozen times by now. "Chawwwwlie! That really huwt!"
* Today's rainfall. We SO desperately needed it! It actually rained so much that the nearby pond overflowed, spilling out into the field. And I swear I caught some of those ducks actually smiling at the novelty of it all, as they swam around on the grass.
* The funny Banff squirrel picture that's been everywhere in the news this week.
This Week's Thorns...
* I can't believe that bastard Michael Vick is getting paid millions of dollars to play football again after what he did to those poor dogs. There is no justice! *deep breath* Okay, for the sake of keeping this blog PG-rated, I just deleted a very sweary rant three times now. I can't help but find myself really pissed off about the whole thing.
* While I'm on the topic of abusive @ssholes, I also recently read about a girl who worked for a pet store and had her manager take a picture of her proudly holding up two dead bunnies that she had just drown, because they were apparently attacking each other. Then she posted the picture on Facebook for everyone to see. Needless to say that both she and her manager lost their jobs. What is wrong with people!?!? Seriously... Nothing makes me angrier. Okay... *deep breaths* These thorns are really getting me riled up. I think next time I should start with my thorns and then end with the roses.
Rosy Interruption...
Sorry, I needed to interrupt those angry thorns with happier thoughts. So here's another rose:
Earlier this week (or maybe it was last week? I can't remember), I found out that the Vegetarian Times magazine that recently started arriving in the mail was actually a birthday gift from my cousin Jodie. Isn't that thoughtful of her?! What an awesome idea! There's so many great recipes, I can't wait to try them! Unfortunately for poor Jode, I didn't realize that the magazine was a gift from her (although I really couldn't explain why I was suddenly receiving it.) So for the last couple months, she had been asking me if anything unusual had come in the mail for me lately, and I kept responding with, "No... I'm sorry Jode, your gift hasn't arrived yet." I'm so dumb. I'm glad we finally got that sorted out.
Okay, now let's resume the thorns...
Actually, no... let's not. The only other one that popped into my head is an article I read about a baby moose and well, I'm not going to finish the story. I honestly don't mean to seek this stuff out... I just came across a lot of really bad animal news this week for some reason.
Okay, I'm just going to shut up now.
But since I don't want to end this post on a negative note leaving a bitter taste in your mouth, I suggest you immediately scroll down and watch Charlie Bit My Finger Again. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment