I was planning on doing that rose and thorn thing every Friday... but last week just slipped by so fast, so this will have to be a two-in-one.
Also, taking a note from last time, I'm going to mix it up a bit so I'm not thinking of all the bad stuff as I end this post, leaving things on a sour note.
Rose
Finishing up our outline!
Thorn
The last few days leading up to our finished outline. Ugh. 'Nuff said.
Rose
Mom C finally getting that half a peanut removed from her lung that's been plauging her for almost four months! Can you imagine?! (Glad you're okay!)
Thorn
More health issues for Mom K... but what else is new? (Right, mom? :P) She was told that she can't drive anymore because her diabetes has caused too much nerve damage in her feet, and so she can't always feel them. But don't worry, she's on some good drugs that seem to be helping.
Rose
Hundreds of new species were recently discovered in the Himalayas, including a flying frog and a 100 million year old gecko. That sort of stuff really excites me!
Thorn
Frog-O-Spheres. I recently read about how frogs and snails are being confined to cramped inadequate conditions and are being sold in Brookstone stores throughout the US. Many of these little creatures are left dying on the shelves or within a week after they're purchased. I wrote a letter to the company who thoughtlessly sells these ridiculous death traps. Idiots.
Rose
The 'big' grocery shop. We generally stock up about once a month, and being the foodie that I am, I kinda love it. I like thinking about all the different recipes I want to make, and zipping around the store with the grocery cart. I know it's lame, but I don't care.
Also, even though it deserves a rose of it's own, I'll add that on the same day we did the big grocery shop, I also bought myself a new stereo/surround sound system and got it for half price!!! Tres exciting! I've been suffering with music coming out of one speaker for months.
Thorn
Besides bringing a thousand grocery bags and a new stereo upstairs after the big shop, I'd have to say that the biggest disappointment was the Malaysian Tropical Stirfry with Lemon Grass and Shallots. It was a delicious-sounding recipe that I got out of Vegetarian Times. I picked up all ingredients, including things that I've never tried before, like jicama. Yeah, I guess you could say that I'm not really a fan of jicama... and neither is Jim. If I were to make it again, I think I'd use sweet potato instead.
Rose
Bertram Beach. It was my favourite beach when I first moved to Kelowna... but then the fires of 2003 happened, and for whatever reason I haven't been there since. Well, we recently reunited with Bertram this week, and it was WONDERFUL. I love, love, love that beach!
Thorn
Knowing that summer is coming to an end and I've only rediscovered Bertram this week. Something to look forward to next year, I guess.
Okay, I guess that's all I'll write for now. I'm sure I could go on, but I told myself I'd only list the first five roses and thorns that came to mind - so that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment