I promise to return to regularly scheduled blogging (hopefully) by tomorrow. I just can't blog right now without feeling overwhelmed with guilt.... which I am feeling at this very moment. Well, sorta...
I was also feeling bad for not blogging the last couple days, so hopefully this quickie post will remedy that second source of guilt, until I can resume with Sister Story and other random nonsense.
I'm pathetic - yes, I know. I can't help it. I feel guilty for making people wait, because the longer the wait, the bigger the build up for the conclusion... and it really isn't that fabulous or amazing. Believe me. Although it is kinda interesting... well, at least I think so. But then again, it's my sister, so of course I'd be totally interested in how she plans to get into Le Cordon Bleu.
Anyhow, enough - I can't get into that story again right now. Like I was saying, I can't write a 'real' blog post until we finish this outline. And come hell or high water (whatever that means) this outline MUST be done by the end of today. Or at least that's what my self-imposed deadline is. Jim is thinking that we'll probably have it done by tomorrow or Wednesday. Gawd, I hope he's wrong...
Last Monday we told our producers that we'd probably have an outline within "a day or so".
Umm.... *looking at calendar*.... yeah....
I told Jim to do a follow up phone call with them on Thursday to explain that we'd be a little longer. They're totally cool n' all, but still, we just want to get this shite done and start WRITING for Popsicle Pete's sake!
I feel like my head is going to explode... and that's actually significant improvement over how I was feeling yesterday morning.
Alright... I better get back at it. I promise to be back soon. Maybe even by tonight if I can convince Jim that we should just settle with a couple not-so-brilliant ideas here n' there. After all, we're going to have to write another draft after this one, so we need to leave some room for improvement... right?
Hang in there Melly! You will get there. You both are too hard on yourselves -- but that being said, I am sure you are totally amazing the producers with your dedication and brilliance, not to mention how FAST you can work!
ReplyDeleteAnd your faithful audience will wait as long as possible for your posts. They are a bright spot in the day, and worth the wait, no matter WHAT you write about! :o)
Aw, t'anks Michelle. :)
ReplyDelete