Sunday, August 2, 2009

Not Another Blog

So. I was fully intending to sit on the balcony and draw this afternoon. I started a sketch the other evening, and I had planned on finishing it today. No such luck, however. Not unless I want to inhale lung-fulls of ash and small burnt pine needles. Hack. Gross. Oh yeah, and did I mention the smoke?! Jeeze Louise! If I could pour the atmosphere into a bottle, President’s Choice could market it as “Memories of 2003 - Smokey Marinade”.


Anyhow, I figured that if I was gonna stay indoors, then instead of drawing, I should probably do something more productive – like finally start that blog I’ve been yappin’ about.


I’ve always been a bit of a love ‘em and leave ‘em type when it came to blogging. I’d start up, blog consistently for weeks, months, or even years at a time -- and then just like *that* -- I’d get distracted and forget about it for a while. Finally, whenever I'd feel like blogging again, I would always start a new one elsewhere, never continuing on with the last. 


Don’t ask me why I do this. I still haven’t figured it out. Why not go back to the old blog that I’ve already started? Probably because that would just make too much sense. :P


When creating this new blog, Jim told me that I should choose the 'Not Another Blog!' template, and then asked, "Don't you have like five or six blogs already?" It isn't that many... really! It's more like maybe four or five over the last six years. But one of those sites no longer exists and another one had too many bugs and was just a pain in the ass, so I had to move on.


Actually, I had fully intended on returning to my last blog, but I've always kept that one private. It just seemed like a good idea in case anything really pissed me off or if there was someone I wanted to bitch about. *cough* DF *cough* No one I knew in "real life" had the URL and just in case someone I did know was snooping around and somehow stumbled across it, I didn't name names -- so the identities of the innocent, or not-so-innocent, would remain protected.


However, over time I’ve come to realize that I’m really not much of a bitchy blogger who needs to hide her wicked rants.  It seems that anything I’ve ever blogged about in the past (well, for the most part…) has never been too snarky that I’d be embarrassed to show people I actually know. I'm actually way more of a positive Polly-Anna than a negative Nelly (or Melly)... and really, I’m okay with that - being positive has served me well. But still, I want to start a fresh blog anyway. 


So anyhow, this afternoon I finally find myself getting down to the business of starting over – a blog for public consumption.


Now here I am, sitting in our guest room...


Fan cranked high, helping to blow the hot air around.


Window blinds pulled low, allowing for only a shadow of the eerie

orange glow to spill across the floor.


Eddie Vedder singing about the big hard world out of only one speaker -- the other speaker has gone into the wild to volunteer its services in the living room. Yes Eddie, I agree. This is a big hard world when you have to listen to music out of only one speaker.


So yes, like I was sayin’, I’m starting a new blog. Right here. Right now. Hopefully I’ll find some interesting things to write about.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment