Frick, I'm busy! I already felt overwhelmed to begin with, but then we got slammed with more interruptions, which has only served to put us even further behind the 8-ball. I love this time of year... but damn! It's busy! Oh yeah, and the crappy inconveniences certainly don't help much either.
So, when I finally return to my regularly scheduled blogging, please remind me to tell you all about the following...
* MORE stupid car problems! I spoke too soon, didn't I? Jeez Louise!
Actually, I can probably sum this up pretty quickly here... On Sunday night, our car died in the Red Robin parking lot. No lights. No juice. No nuthin'. We paid $70+ to have it towed back up to the dealership, who felt absolutely horrible about everything -- probably because they know we're really effing - oh, screw that... I'm gonna say it - we're fucking pissed about this ongoing nonsense!! Argh.
We finally got our car back today. Turns out there was faulty wiring which was responsible for draining the battery. And for some reason this wire wasn't covered under our warrantee... the warrantee for that particular part expired in July. Arrrgh!! Figures.
Believe me, we seriously considered getting a new vehicle, but we're still paying for this one and don't want to refinance and rack up new debt. Especially since we're on a pretty limited budget n' all that.
* Witnessing the B&E at the pub next door. That was actually kinda exciting... for a little while anyway. This story is too long to share right now.
* Our meeting with les producers on Monday. Actually, one of them couldn't make it because her flight was super delayed due to the bad weather. She said it was so painful not to be here. DE is her baby too now. She's always been an associate producer, so this promotion to producer-producer is a pretty big deal for her.
Hm. Now that I think about it, nothing much was discussed in our meeting that you don't already know... besides the fact that we won't be doing an Option C, (a $1.5M film), but are going to explore all our variables in the Option A/B grey area. So the movie should be anywhere between $2.1M up to $2.9M. Pretty interesting, huh? Accounting news is always exciting, I know.
Anyhow, I really have to get to work here... but just wanted to make a couple notes before I forget.
Oh yeah, I also bought tickets for NYE on the weekend, so I'm pretty excited about that given how shitty our last three NYE's have been. This one will make up for it f'sure! But again, more on that later.
Back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment