Monday, December 7, 2009

Sketchy Santas

My friend Lisa posted a link to Sketchy Santas on Facebook, but I thought it was too funny not to share.

Here's just a small handful of the kinds of photos you'll find on the Sketchy Santa site. (Commentary is my own two cents...)




This one has to win the award for the most disgruntled-looking Santa ever! Either that, or one of those kids just peed on his lap.



I don't know which is scarier... Santa's makeup or the look on that poor kid's face? What they don't tell you is that two seconds later his head exploded.



WTF?! I'm sorry, but that's not Santa.  Also, did he tie a mop to his face? No, seriously.... did he?



I love this one. It has "Christmas card insert" written all over it!



Ha. This one too!

I don't think Santa is the sketchy one in this photo. BTW, look closely, are those his pants around his ankles? Must be. I'm sure there's no way this dude would've stood in line for a half hour wearing only a speedo.

Okay.... I was only going to include 5 examples, but in case you don't end up visiting the site yourself, I'd clearly be doing you a huge disservice if I didn't include at least 5 more...



 "Up on the housetop, *hic*, reindeer pause, *hic*...."
"Mommeeeee! Santa smells funny...."

Ah yes, taken directly from a page of my childhood.

Just kidding.

Not really.

One Christmas Eve, one of our church's volunteer Santa's downed a bevy or two before dawning the big red suit, and I remember saying exactly that, "Santa, you smell funny!" Ha ha! Mom and dad explained later... (Don't worry, I knew it wasn't the "real" Santa. Could you imagine how traumatic that might've been!?)



Now, I'm not saying that Santa has to be white... but the shades? Really?



So, did the little girl get the black eye before or after she yanked on Santa's beard? Just asking...



Now that, my friends, is what I call a Sketchy Santa. I don't know whether it's his eyes or his mouth that creep me out the most... but you wouldn't catch me sitting on his lap either!



This little girl isn't crying because she's scared of Santa. No, she's crying because she just realized that's her Poppa Joe... and she just learned the truth about Santa Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment