Thursday, February 25, 2010

Naughty

Why is it when you encounter a knot, as soon as you start examining it and pulling at the thread, you suddenly realize that it's actually a whole nest of knots.

Not much writing was done today, as it has come time to tackle the scenes that we glossed over solutions for during our meetings in Van. I can still remember everyone saying, "Oh well, we'll figure something out for that when the time comes."

Argh. Well, the time has come bitches... and the only ones faced with the reality of trying to "just figure something out" is Jim n' I. And once you start asking questions, the rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper and deeper. Ideas we've had forever are no longer relevant and it feels nearly impossible to mend the holes.

Of course, we've crossed these murky depths before, and we'll "just figure something out" eventually, but in the meantime we're kind of at a standstill, because these particular plot points drip into countless other scenes. This makes it hard to just skip 'em and write them up later.

I swear I only got to write three pages today, and those were pages I had already written yesterday. I only polished them a bit more.

Le sigh. Brainstorming is exhausting!

Jim is hilarious though... By three o'clock he started suggesting that we should recharge. Just take a nap to give our minds a break. But I refused, adamant that we MUST unravel at least a knot or two before we could call it quits. (Even though taking a break or at least getting a change of scenery is probably the healthy thing to do.)

Eventually he wore me down by saying, "Okay, let's not take a nap, but let's just brainstorm in bed." (If this is starting to sound like TMI, don't worry, it's only because you've got your mind in the gutter.  (And yes, I'm looking at you, Aunt Holly! *LOL*) Even if my blog title is misleadingly Naughty, I'm not going down that road. Ha.)

Anyhow, we did lie down and brainstormed, occasionally joking to one another, "This is just like back at the office, isn't it? Afternoon naps and brainstorming sessions all cozy in bed." Ha. But soon Jim decided, "I brainstorm better on my side." And well, I think I fell asleep shortly there after too, or I was at least on the verge of falling asleep when the phone jarred me awake about ten minutes or so later. I suddenly realized that Donovan and Maggie had somehow transformed into Ross and Rachel and that I was actually analyzing about an episode of Friends and not our script.

Yeah....

Oh well, it's late now, and we've been working hard all evening, so now I think I'll finally retire to a nice bath and hopefully the remaining knots will melt away, and our solutions will bubble to the surface...

Something tells me that we're probably just over-thinking things.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that what one of the Beachboys did for a few years!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete