Like I said, this is just a mishmash of "other sites". Friends, interests, art, etc.
Alex Grey - One of my favourite artists. Mind blowing stuff.
All Recipes - Alright, I know posting All Recipes on here is probably as obvious or dumb as linking to YouTube or Google. But I love All Recipes, okay? I practically live there.
Astrology Zone - It might not be anything flashy, but it's the first astrology site that has managed to impress me.
Awkward Family Photos - Who doesn't love this site? Perfect for a cheap laugh. Like this...
Better Living Through Design - I love this site. Every day they feature unique furniture or functional art. Like these bird feeders....
Or this neat salt n' pepper and dipping bowl set....
Or these adorable little herb planters...
I could spend all day at that site coveting all their funky wares. Okay, just one more. I love these cuckoo clock bird houses...
Jim Carrey - I'm not a die hard Jim Carrey fan or anything, but his website was featured in Entertainment Weekly a couple months ago, and I felt compelled to add it here just because it's so friggin' cool. Be patient as it's sometimes slow to load, but totally worth visiting. More than your typical website, dare I say, in some ways it's almost an experience. Explore and have fun.
Jondude - a.k.a. Jon L. Adams, is another wonderful blogger I "met" at my old blog. This is not Jondude's blog, but instead it's his personal website that features all of his creative endeavours. Be sure to check out his paintings. Simply stunning! Some day when I have money to spend, I'd love to buy one of his colourful vineyard pictures. You'd think he lived in the Okanagan.
Here is a blurb from Jon's bio: "I create graphic design for money, paint acrylic on canvas for collectors and to adorn my walls for my muses, and I write fiction. I have two published novels and lots of paintings for sale. At one time I was a soldier, an art instructor, a wanderer, a husband a couple of times, and a damn good gardener. I also write gags, drink single malt scotch, have cats and a small bird, and I am a quality chef, but only in my own kitchen, which really isn't mine because I rent this place. If you haven't tired of me by now, you will enjoy this site."
Josephine Wall - I first discovered Josephine Wall's art in the greeting card section of some new age store. She does some truly beautiful, whimsical and intricately detailed work, like this...
LVCreative - Linsey is another great person I used to work with, who is a crazy talented graphic desiger. (And I'm not just saying that because I like her. She really does have a great style.) This site showcases her portfolio of fabulous work.
Here's her bio: "I'm a graphic designer with thirteen years of industry experience and five years of traditional training in fine arts (painting/printmaking), classical animation and multimedia. I have designed for web, print, identity, software user interfaces, video games, handheld devices and CD ROM's. I am also a very easy-going, super cool person, which is why everyone loves working with me."
Okay, I added that last line myself...
Mark Morford - A writer for the SFGate, I've been getting Mark Morford's "Notes & Errata" newsletters for years. I really enjoy his long-winded rants, politically charged observations, and very humourous style o' writing. I'm sure lots of people hate him, (mostly the Far Right) but I think that only makes me love him more.
Here's a paragrah from his bio: "Mark Morford was raised by nubile long-eyelashed callipygian wood nymphs and spoon-fed dark chocolate and raw pomegranate seeds and 18-year old Scotch until he could fly. He attended Musicians Institute in Los Angeles during the mid-80's when the denim was tight, the hair was big, and Eddie Van Halen was still God. Later life spit him into the halls of U.C. Berkeley, where he investigated the pagan influences on Milton's "Paradise Lost" and discovered how Eve taught the serpent to use its tongue. He managed to graduate Phi Betta Kappa, summa cum laude, and caveat emptor."
Playlist - Again, another obvious site, but I visit it almost as frequently as Google, so I figured that I should include it on here. You can find just about any song on there. Love it.
Team Shuswap Real Estate - Looking to buy or sell in the Shuswap? Or do you live elsewhere and are looking for a good real estate agent in your area? Why not give Jim's dad a call!
It's one thing to endorse someone you know. It's another thing when you know that they really are a great person. I'm told that some real estate agents give the rest a bad rep. Well, Jim's poppa is one of the good guys who keeps the bad apples in check. He sat on the Okanagan Real Estate board as the Head of Ethics, and last year he was the President. Jim is definitely one of the most honest, nicest guys I know (obviously...), so it's easy to see that he comes by those characteristics naturally.
The Sixty One - I'm sure many of you have heard me rave about this site before in the past. It's a fantastic place for checking out independent music. Probably the best site out there, if you ask me. If you're a music lover lookin' for some new tunes, be sure to check it out.
Okay, and that's all for now.
For those wondering... I did have Jim's website linked on here, but in an effort to keep this blog pseudo-private, I took it down for now so it doesn't show up on search engines if people Google his name. (Because for some reason, people do...) Jim would prefer that people only come here via FB or word of mouth and not through, mainly because I'm disclosing so much info about how we're getting our film made, and I know he'd prefer to keep those day to day details private. That's why if you ever stumble across our official DE blog, you'll notice that it hasn't been updated in months. He'd rather not discuss the mundane shit that I like to share here... and that probably makes sense. ;)







I just noticed you added me here! Thanks, Mel :)
ReplyDeleteYou bet! ;)
ReplyDelete