Rose
Our community garden survived the weekend. Small blessings...
On an interesting related note, did you know that community gardens in the roughest parts of central L.A. and Detroit go untouched, and are actually proven to reduce vandalism in the surrounding area. So, what's up with these Glenmore brats? I think they should be dropped off in central L.A. or Detroit to see who survives better... the community gardens or them.
Thorn
Really stupid crap that other people I know are dealing with. *shakes head* Counting my blessings...
Rose
New paint brushes! I needed a couple small brushes for finer details, and found a set of 5 on sale at Opus. I love Opus, as dangerous as it is to my bank account. I went in, found exactly what I needed, (small brushes, a round canvas and a big tube of red acrylic paint) and left immediately. I've seriously thought of working there just so I can get discounts...
Thorn
The tight, hard knot I got in one of my abdominal muscles after adding a new exercise to my routine. It really hurt. I mean, it wasn't "whining n' complaining all day to whoever will listen" sort of pain, but more like "Ow! Damn, I can't believe that still hurts!" sort of pain.
Rose
On a related rose, I'm feeling really healthy n' fit this week! Inspired by that "Last Ten Pounds" show, Jim n' I decided to kick our butts in gear for four weeks before beach season. Not that we want to lose ten pounds per se, but like most people, we each have our own personal fitness goals. So we're going to do it f'real this time... because we say it every year, and then summertime comes along and we always spend less time running along Brandt's Creek Path, than we do drinking at Brandt's Creek Pub. :P
Thorn
I just broke one of my paint brushes while writing this post. (Look at me multitask!) It had a really long thin handle, and when I pressed it against the paper towel to dry it off, I guess I must've pushed on the middle too hard and snapped it in half. Must be all those exercises I'm doing -- I don't know my own strength! ;) Oh well, I thought that brush was too long anyway.
Rose
Our night out at the Blue Gator was pretty fun. Of course, I already told you all about that...
Thorn
An obnoxious person that left me feeling icky. When I couldn't shake their b.s. from my mind, I did a total olive oil and Himalayan salt scrub-down to cleanse away all the yuckiness I was feeling. I know it's totally a mental/symbolic thing, but it helps me feel like I'm washing away their negative energy -- plus it makes your skin really silky smooth!
Rose
Oh, I don't know what I should choose for this last rose. How about...
- My basil, fennel and cilantro are all ready to be picked.
- Two of my cayenne peppers will be ready soon too.
- My pretty pink fire helmet for the Fire Museum is coming along nicely.
- As are my sparkly garden markers that I'm making for myself and for another person.
- I received a belated birthday card from my friend Amanda today. (She learned that apparently cards need stamps in order to be successfully mailed. Ha ha.)
- I also received a very thoughtful email from my cousin'd Jodie regarding this blog.
- I'm lovin' new Jerkins Natural Glow Express made for those of us who can't tan.
- I'm also lovin' Sweet Heat Mustard for those of us who like it hot.
- I enjoyed having tea with mon garcon at the Bean Scene yesterday.
- Also yesterday, Cheryl shared the funniest true story about a troll in the closet. It's the stuff urban legends are made of! (But since it's not my story to publish, I won't write it here. You'll have to email me...)
- I'm counting down the days --14 more sleeps until... something.
- I could go on, but I think I'll stop here...
Thorn
We are anxiously waiting to hear back from an actor, but trying really hard not to think about it. I almost feel queasy if I think about it too much. As I mentioned before, he is by far the best so far. But whatever is meant to be, will be... right?
Okay, that's it for another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment