Tonight I downloaded our Donovan-to-be doing an interview with The Actor's Studio. He seems like such a warm and wonderful person. Oh yeah, and I share his favourite swear word too! Ha. (That's one of the questions they always ask... ;)
Jim spoke with our producers today who said that we will be able to announce who Donovan is once we have a distributer attached, which they aim to do within the next week or so. We need a distributer before we can apply for Telefilm funding, because distributers are the ones who agree to put movies in theaters or out on DVD. (Think Lions Gate or Maple Pictures, etc.)
When talking to distributers, everything is just smoke n' mirrors until you can produce some goods, like a well known actor, director, etc. In fact, one distribution company who had previously passed is now willing to take a second look at our script based on who our Donovan is. So that's promising!
Anyhow, yeah... hopefully by next week I should be able to give up the goods. Although I've totally spilled the news to a few individuals already. We're just not allowed to make it public-public yet, because you never know... don't wanna jinx anything in case (heaven forbid) we can't find a distributer. Although I doubt that'll happen.
Speaking of making things public, Jim was finally given the go ahead that he could add a new post to our official DE blog. (Although, anyone who knows us knows that THIS has always been the official DE blog! Ha ha. Our other one hasn't had an update since last July!!) The new post is only about who our producers are; however, we have plans to start updating that blog regularly now, and maybe even do some video journals in the future! So that could be pretty cool.
Even though it's not nearly as exciting as this blog (ha!), I encourage you to please check out the DE blog and comment. It'll make our producers think we get more traffic than we actually do! ;)
To visit our official DE blog, please click here!
No comments:
Post a Comment