Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quick Update

Bonjourno!

Whew... So much to say, so little time. I have to run out to a nail appointment in about 10 minutes, but I have seriously been neglecting my mindclutter ever since I left for my little surprise visit to Ontariariario.

The visit was lovely and just long enough - but more on that later....

Instead I came to announce.... that I can't announce anything. :(

I had only been home for an hour or two, when we received word from our producers that we have an interested distributer... but they have script notes. While this is par for the course, it means doing another pass on the script. (Yeah, I know...)

But as many of you might already know, sometimes scripts are revised up until the very day of shooting that scene, so it's nothing unusual.  Even Lord of the Rings was being revised while they were on set. Needless to say, this news doesn't exactly have us jumping up and down.

We went through the natural roller coaster of emotions. Pissed off. Frustrated. Depressed. Anxious. Open minded. And now we're at the point of forcing ourselves to be enthusiastic that these notes will help us take our script to the next level. Some ideas we're totally pushing back on, while others we agree with. It's amazing how three months and some fresh eyes can give you new perspective. It's definitely a process.

SOOO... that being said, we cannot make an official announcement about who DG is for a while. Actually, we can't say anything until all key players are in place, and this house o' cards is built to stand... which might take another two months.

On the plus side, the distributers and sales people our producers have approached all agree that our script is amazing. They think it is very smart, incredibly well written, and has excellent potential. (Even so, there's still notes...)

Anyhow, my ten minutes are up so I better go. I just wanted to keep y'all up to date. I'll be back with a better blog post soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Mel! We always appreciate your updates! Love Ya, Mom C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's nice to be back. :)

    ReplyDelete