Rose(s)
My trip to Ontario, obviously, which included a lot of great moments like...
* The surprise party at Heather's
* Reconnecting with family -- especially the looks on their faces when I showed up. :)
* Hanging out with friends, both old and new
* A generous belated birthday gift from my parents
* Canada Day in Gatineau with Amy n' Josie
As well as plenty of simple moments (many of which seem to revolve around food for some reason? Ha.) In no particular order...
* A shared shwarma platter with an old friend
* Drag Queen karaoke
* My first all-you-can-eat sushi experience
* David's super cute 'two step' dance. I wish I had it on video!
* Josie's reaction to spending a night in a hotel. Again, I wish I had it on video!
* Chip trucks that use dirty grease
* Cucumber sandwiches
* "Do you have peni?"
* Unexpected blasts from the past
* The cupcake incident
* Taking a walk around my old neighbourhood
* Brum's Dairy ice cream
* Watching The Sixth Sense with my dad (who hadn't seen it yet!)
* Getting ID'd at the LCBO... or at least what I'd call the honour system ID. "You girls are 19, right?" :P
* Penny's Fudge Factory
* A chilly basement bedroom in a hot house
* 80's night at Barrymore's
* Picking strawberries in a heat wave... Okay, so the heat wave was NOT fun... which brings me to...
Thorn(s)
Again, in no particular order...
* The humidity!
* (Not so) Good Vibrations ;)
* A mouthful of a bad cherry tomato. Blegh...
* Super screeches. Ha!
* Six dogs trying to show their love all at once. (One at a time was okay though. :)
* Lack of sleep
* Biting my tongue
* The car break-in
* Finding out that my flight was going to make an extra stop in Winnipeg, which I didn't know about when I booked it. Then again, take offs and landings are my favourite part of flying, so it wasn't all bad.
Um... that's probably all.
Rose
Coming home to my wonderful garcon! It's always nice to go away, but it's sooo nice to come back.
I know that I'm blessed to have such a great husband. Who else would bring flowers to the airport, take me out to dinner, and then have balloons, a Welcome Home banner, wine n' freezer grapes chilling, and the Welcome Back Kotter theme song playing when I got home? (And I was only gone for ten days.) Yup... he's pretty perfect alright! ;)
Thorn
When our air conditioner and three fans do absolutely nothing to cool down our apartment. Boy, it sure gets hot in here sometimes! You can especially feel it as you walk up the stairs. Our floor is like a sauna.
Rose
Signing an awesome actor to play Donovan!! (Sheesh... the fact that I'm including this certainly shows how long it's been since I wrote an R&T post.)
Thorn
The slight throbbing headache I had for a few days this week. (Which is unusual because I almost never get headaches!) I finally figured out that it was from painting that fire fighter helmet. For a few nights in a row, I had spent hours focusing with a furrowed brow as I painted the wings on top of the distracting swirly pink background. Even though this is the first time painting has hurt my head, I wonder if I should maybe get my eyes checked? Couldn't hurt... 'cept our bank account. In the meantime, I've taken a break for a couple days. I plan to hand the helmet in early next week.
Rose
Attaching a distributer to release our film, even if it means another round of script tweaks. We're all happy (excited even!) with the solutions we've come up with, and are hopeful that the distributer will be too.
Thorn
My poor lil' stunted garden. After speaking with other gardeners, I've realized that it's not just me with the black thumb. Anyone whose garden was flooded the first time the vandals hit in May has suffered long-term consequences with minimal growth and stunted plants.
Soo... last week I ripped most things out, added some new soil n' plant food and am trying again. So far, so good. The veggies I replanted are now suddenly flowering and producing fruit, which is pretty rewarding. I'm hopeful that my new seeds will sprout soon too and will be more successful than the last so-called crop. As for my balcony garden...
Rose
It's doing really well. I have like 12 cayenne peppers growing -- one of which is really big n' red and can be picked any day. My basil, cilantro and chives are getting plenty of use. And I just love my pretty morning glories and nasturtiums. Overall, I'm quite happy with my little balcony garden this year. It normally doesn't do this well.
Okay, I promised that I wouldn't end these posts on a thorn anymore... so I guess that's it for now. I'm sure there's lots more I could include, but I've spent the last hour working more on this post than on the script... so I probably should get back to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment