Okay, I finally made it through our CD collection and am going to get rid of almost a 1/3 of them. The following CDs are on the chopping block for one of the following reasons:
* We don't listen to them anymore
* We have doubles
* We favour other albums by the same artist
* We have already converted them to MP3 format
(Not that you need to know my rationale, but I thought I'd share anyway.)
So here they are. If you're interested in any, please let me know and I'll set them aside for you to pick up on Sunday.
Bill Stewart - American Colors
Black Sabbath Vol. 4
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Confrontation
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Survival
Braveheart soundtrack
Creed - Greatest Hits
DJ Shadow - The Outsider
Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction
Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
Beastie Boys - To The Boroughs
Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind
Blue Rodeo - Diamond Mine
Blue Rodeo - Lost Together
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana
The Champ - Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Chris Gains - Greatest Hits
Christmas with Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole and Dean Martin
Traditional Christmas Classics
World's Greatest Christmas Carols
Clutch - The Elephant Riders
Coldcut - Let Us Replay (2 CD)
Coldcut & Hexstatic - Timber ~ This was done in collaboration with Greenpeace to raise awareness about rainforest destruction. They sample sounds and songs from nature, as well as the buzz of a chainsaw, and loop it into some great music.
Cypress Hill - Self-titled
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Damn Yankees - Don't Tread
Dead Kennedy's - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death
DJ Food & DK - Now, Listen!
DJ Food - Kaleidoscope
DJ Krush - Zen
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing ~ An awesome, awesome album that I replaced with the anniversary edition. Scratched to hell, but still plays well.
DJ Spooky - That Subliminal Kid: Dubtometry
The Best Of The Doors
Entrophy - Ghost Of A Dream ~ Looks like this is a band from Vernon. Have you heard of them? I have no idea where we got this. Must be Jim's....
Enigma - The Cross Of Changes
Enya - Self-Titled, I guess. It doesn't specify. It's a homemade CD.
The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack composed by John Williams
Elvis Presley - White Christmas
Elvis Presley - Love Songs
Firehouse - Self-titled
Gang Of Four - Another homemade CD
Girls Night Out - Various artists... but not sure who. I should listen to it. I think this CD got put in one of my cases by accident when I lived at the hostel during my first week in Kelowna. Oh memories....
Great Big Sea - Up ~ The case is a little warped from being put somewhere it shouldn't have been.
Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead
Grateful Dead - American Beauty ~ This is actually a DVD
Green Day - Dookie
The Best of Jimi Hendrix ~ Grooviest voice eva.
Jurassic 5 - Quality Control ~ I always use J5 as an excuse to Jim whenever he's bashing what's wrong with hip-hop. These guys are all about positivity.
Jurassic 5 - Power in Numbers (just the DVD, not the CD)
Kid Koala - Carpel Tunnel Syndrome ~ Free CD with this comic book.
Kid Koala - Some Of My Best Friends Are DJs ~ Free CD and comic book with this travel size chess game.
King Crimson - Discipline
Kinship - Bone Shaker ~ Kelowna's own!
Kyuss - Self-titled ~ After Kyuss broke up, they became Queens of the Stone Age. (In case that piques your interest at all.)
Led Zepplin - The soundtrack to the film The Song Remains the Same (2 CD) ~ I own the film and every other Zepplin CD out there, so I figure it's time to spread a lil' Zepplin love.
Led Zepplin - Physical Graffiti (2 CD) ~ Grab it before I change my mind.
London Symphony Orchestra - Favourite Classics
Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Super Star
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia ~ I have no idea who this is.
Pamela Shelly - Meditation Techniques and Meditations
Melvins - Stoner Witch ~ The Melvins were among Kurt Cobain's biggest inspirations, if that interests you.
Ministry - A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste
Misfits - Homemade CD
MOM: Music For Our Mother Ocean - Various Artists (such as Pearl Jam, Ramones, Silver Chair, Soundgarden, Sublime... well, you get the idea.)
Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Weld (2 CD)
Nickelback - Silver Side Up
NIN - Broken
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
NOFX - 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough To Go On Our Other Records
Offspring - Conspiracy Of One
Pearl Jam - Vs.
Pearl Jam - No Code
Pearl Jam - Riot Act
Pennywise - Straight Ahead
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Portishead - Third
Primus - Pork Soda
Primus - Rhinoplasty (Enhanced CD)
Primus - Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People ~ This includes a DVD of all their original music videos and a CD with some new recordings.
Pixies/Frank Black - Homemade CD
Queens of the Stoneage - Songs For The Deaf ~ Another homemade CD.
Radio Free Music - Various Artists
Rage Against The Machine - Renegades
Ramones - Road To Ruin
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mother's Milk
Rob Thomas - Homemade CD
Roxette - Tourism
The Rubber Maids - Off Centre
Run DMC - Greatest Hits
Saint Eves - Eve Of Destruction
Scott Stapp - The Great Divide ~ Still in original packaging. Whoo. (Who is Scott Stapp?)
Sly and The Family Stone - Greatest Hits
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Soundgarden - Louder Than Love ~ Homemade CD
Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler
System of a Down - Toxicity
Terminator 2 Judgement Day Soundtrack composed by Brad Fiedel
Titanic Soundtrack composed by James Horner
Trance Atlantic - Various Artists
Trey Anastasio - Self-titled
TV On The Radio - Dear Science
Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Ween - The Pod ~ I've heard that these guys sniff glue. I wouldn't be surprised. Their music is pretty out there.
White Lion - Pride
Xen Cuts - Various Artists (3 CD)
Yngwie Malmsteed - Facing the Animal
Okay, that's it I think. I might've missed a few, but you can see for yourself.
And now I seriously should be off to bed. Another big day tomorrow.
Thinking the Mark Knopfler comment was a joke, or not. :)
ReplyDeleteIf not, he's the lead singer of Dire Straits. You know, the ones who made 'Money for Nothing' which caused that big story lately. Wasn't fit for Canadian radio. Long story, google it.
But lead us at CFRC to have some fun with it on the sports show last week. Or at least 2 of us. LOL.
http://soundcloud.com/rob_swm/offsides-moneyfornothing
Nope. Sadly it's not a joke. I don't know how we got his CD though. It doesn't look like something Jim would listen to... but y'never know. It might've been a gift, like the Scott Stapp one. (Whoever that is...)
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I heard all about the unfit for Canadian radio thing. Lame. :P