Monday, January 24, 2011

Homeward Bound

So I'm headed home tomorrow morning to begin the big pack n' purge. Jim is aiming to be home on Saturday. And then we intend to hit the road by the following Wednesday. That gives us about one week. One week to decide what's important (not much), what isn't (most of it), and what can be replaced (everything).  The weird thing is, despite all the work that's involved, I'm eager to pack and happy to clean. I can't wait to move on with our lives.

Although he's looking forward to our new lives, Jim is considerably more sentimental about moving than I am. He has roots, whereas I've always had wings. And for twelve years he has cultivated those roots in Kelowna, living in the same building, with the same routines, and having the comfort of his family and friends nearby. And while Jim agrees that Kelowna has served it's purpose career-wise, and he has long said that he doesn't want to permanently settle there, I'm sure those roots of his could've been easily twisted to stay in town for another year or two.

But as the risk of sounding lame and quoting our script, it's like what Donovan says to Maggie, "You know what happens when you don't take a chance? ....Nothing."

The momentum is building now. Living in Kelowna at this point doesn't make sense anymore. I believe we are about to enter a very exciting new phase, and Vancouver is the best place to be.... at least for a little while.

And I'm just so glad we found a place IN Vancouver too! Not Coquitlam, Port Moody, North Van, Richmond, or any of the other areas we were considering. Better still, not only do we have Grant n' Tracy living right around the corner, but I just discovered that our friend Laura lives within walking distance as well. Laura is super great. I'm looking forward to kicking off our new Vancouver social lives at her birthday party the Sunday after we get back. Man, how perfect is it that the folks who Jim n' I clicked best with on set live right in our neighbourhood!?  Sheer awesomeness, I tell you.

Anyway, I want to squeeze in a little q.t. with my main squeeze before going home, so I'll end this here. And if you catch me blogging anytime within the next week or so, just shout at me to get back to work. Dog knows I sure as hell have enough to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment