Here we go...
Rose
As I mentioned at the end of my rain is a pain post, the very minute I finished writing, the rain immediately stopped. Better still, it didn't return! Well, not until yesterday morning anyway -- but it's gone again today! Four n' a half straight days without rain was such a treat. And on a couple of those days, the sunshine even managed to blast through the overcast skies. Oh sunshine, you warm my drenched soul like no other! xoxo
Thorn
One morning, shortly after getting out of bed, there was an unexpected knock at the door. (Thank gawd we no longer live in a building where we have to hide our cats!) Anyhow, I was still in my jammies and not wearing certain unmentionables, but because Jim was still in le salle de bain cleaning up, I had to answer looking like a grossy. Long story short, the maintenance fellow informed us that there's a leaky pipe in the wall, which is draining into an apartment two floors down. After some poking around, he said that they'll need to have a plumber take out part of our wall to access the pipe. Jeez Louise... :P
Rose
Inspired by all the recent nice weather, the other day Jim n' I decided to get out for a morning run. We haven't gone running since we moved the Maple Ridge. So yeah... it's been a while. When we got home, I did a bunch of exercises to get the blood really flowing. After our showers, we then headed out on a looong walk along the seawall n' around downtown. Once we were home again, we went for another walk to the grocery store. All that sunshine n' exercise sure felt great! Except for....
Thorn
The next two days. Holy hell, man! I am sooo out of shape! My latts... I think? (whatever those muscles beneath your armpits are called?) were KILLIN' me after the free weights I lifted. My stomach muscles ached, as they haven't been put through such an intense routine since last summer. And my right leg felt like it had a shin splint for a good day n' a half. I still went out for a decent walk the following day, because it was sunny and I'm stubborn like that. But the day after that, I definitely took it easy. Ouch.
Rose
At one of our earlier DE test screenings, I met a nice gal who is a hair stylist. We clicked very well, so I appointed her as my new Vancouver hair dresser. I finally made an appointment with her this weekend and got my hideous roots coloured and my hair chopped to my chin. Her prices are reasonable and I think she did a very nice job. Funny thing is, she's friends with one of our producers, who coincidentally came in for her root touch-up right after me!
Thorn
Obnoxious people. Good grief... I know we all have our 'off' moments where we might come across as negative or condescending, but when that is the basis of your entire personality... my goodness! I actually blocked an obnoxious person from my FB news feed this week because I'm so tired of reading their arrogant statuses. I'd delete them altogether, but I kinda feel sorry for them. I really believe that their arrogance is just a defensive shield for their obvious low self-esteem.
Sadly, I don't think this person realizes how negative they actually come across. And I'm not close enough friends with them to politely address it. I've considered deleting this person the next time I clean up my friends list... but haven't quite decided yet. I think as long as I don't have to read their shit, it's fine to keep 'em around and not bruise their fragile ego even further. After all, I've read their snarky remarks about people who've deleted them in the past (probably for similar reasons...) :P
Rose
Third time is the charm when it comes to finding good vegetarian shwarma in Vancouver! We came across it by fluke while out for a walk and hunger struck. Jim had the chicken shwarma and loved it too. Best of all, it's within walking distance. Yay for shwarma!
And c'est touts pour another week!
All right, all right, I'll tone down the fb updates already. Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteI had to google shwarma, and if it tastes as good as it is fun to say, that must be something special.
Ha. Yes, I'd appreciate that! ;)
ReplyDeleteFrom what I've heard, the meat ones are a lot like a donair, only spicier and with a delicious garlic sauce. I often get the veggie shwarma as a platter, so you get a variety of all kinds of tasty pickin's. Sometimes they'll throw in a little Greek food on the platter, like a couple dolmades and a spanakopita.