One of my long-time website addictions is betterlivingthroughdesign.com. Each day they showcase all kinds of unique furnishings and creative doo-dads. Everything has been enhanced with some kind of artistic spin. I love checking out all the crazy stuff people are designing.
Someday I'll show you a few of the objects I heart the most.
But today, I'm going to show you a few things I heart the least...
Actually, maybe I should I say I heart them differently? They're definitely outrageous enough to be worth sharing.
I came across the following lovely items while surfing one of the design sites that BLTD links to, called The Future Perfect.
First...
Are you looking to revive your youth? Do you what to redecorate like it was 1999? (In my case anyway...)
Effortlessly recreate the appeal of your first apartment, with the addition of this sexy duct tape chair. Your choice of lounge or dining chair, made from cotton ($4400), tweed ($4600) or leather ($6500). Designed by Jason Miller.
Here's what the site has to say:
Predicting the inevitable, Jason Miller doctors his chairs with (leather) duct tape. Claiming it's a "badge of honor," Miller is really suggesting that things be fixed before they're broken. But actually, these chairs reverse the deterioration process. Take the duct tape off after a few years and what's beneath will be clean and new.
An instant classic! But wait... there's more!
Every old school chair needs it's own trusty dusty side table.
Jason Miller's dusty maple side ($1950) and coffee tables ($2900) are available in a range of colours including black, orange, red and green.
And again, here's what the site has to say:
In the spirit of thrift shops and new vintage, Miller's Dusty Table reflects very little but subtle inevitability. With a layer of what looks to be dust embedded in the finish, its unpolishable nature suggests perfection despite its apparent lack of shine.
Now, can you imagine a living room with a dusty green coffee table, two dusty orange side tables and a couple duct-taped tweed chairs?
Ugh. Sounds like a dog's breakfast.
But it can all be yours! Yours! YOURS! for the low, low price of only $16,000!
And if you're lucky, perhaps they'll throw in a birdie light for free. (A $50 value!) By designer, Keil Mead.
For the true (or wanna be) shuttlecock enthusiast. A smashing edition to your light collection.
Don't wait - call now!



No comments:
Post a Comment