Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Trouser Case?

Not a day goes by where I don't feel blessed. And not a day goes by that I don't openly express my thanks to the universe for all these blessings, like having good health, a darn near perfect husband, boundless opportunities and an exciting future ahead.

I think if I were to die tomorrow, (although I sure hope I don't!), I would still feel very fulfilled with my life thus far. I'm a lucky person, and I don't take a moment of this wonderful life for granted.

But beyond those personal blessings, sometimes it's good to look at the even bigger picture.

I feel that its worth acknowledging that by some pure twist of fate I was born in a country where I enjoy almost limitless freedoms - especially when you consider that we share this same small blue marble with other countries who, in this day and age, will send a woman to jail for public indecency because she wore a pair of pants outside her home.

At least she didn't receive the maximum 40 LASHINGS as punishment for her unspeakable crime.

Unbelievable.



1 comment:

  1. Very sad to realize this is still going on in the world. Definitely a reality check to remind us how good we really have it in Canada.

    ReplyDelete