Friday, September 18, 2009

Roses and Thorns Sept 5 - 17

Crap... I can't even stick to my own rules of doing this roses n' thorns post every Friday. 

Oh well, maybe I should make an attempt to just do it every two weeks. That way I'll have a better selection of r & t's to choose from. 

Okay, so on that note, here they are or the last two weeks...

Rose
A darn-near perfect first anniversary - which I've already told you all about in excruciating detail.

Thorn
The big break down on the Coq - which I've also already told you about in excruciating detail. Part two of this thorn is that we won't have our car back until late next week or potentially early the following week. Yikes! Oh well... at least it's all covered... but still... 

Rose 
SToOoOoOPWAFELS!!! I've already started writing a post on this subject ~ which is again, in excruciating detail, but that's the way I roll, baby ~ so you'll just have to wait n' see what I have to say about 'em.

Thorn
Hair dye in my eye!!! Since we've been making an effort to cut back on (some) frivolous expenses while living on funding, I've been touching up my mousy roots myself. Well, somehow as I pulled the little brush through my hair, a strand fell free and flicked a glop of goop into my eye... and man, it stung like a bitch!! I'm happy to report that I did not go blind. 

Rose
"Miss Smithers". Laura passed along the follow up book to "Alice, I Think", which she gave me for my birthday and I absolutely loved. Miss Smithers was also great for a few good laugh out loud moments. In fact, the corners of my mouth still reach my ears when I think about the part where Alice got drunk because she was trying to "look musical", and then later worries that she might've sang ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" to the old toothless guy in leather pants who wanted to audition for her dad's band. 

Okay, so perhaps it's not as funny when taken out of context... 

Anyhow, I'm thinking of maybe reading it again before I have to pass it back. ;)

Thorn
The mess of books n' papers n' other random nonsense left in a pile beside the coffee table. I'm trying to organize all the stuff we've saved for our "First Year of Marriage" time capsule that Jim got us, and well... I'm just not that organized. Although it's kinda neat to look through some of the stuff we had already forgotten. I'm sure it'll be a great surprise when we open it on our 25th anniversary in 2033. 

Rose
Jim's grandma's back surgery went really well last week, and she is already noticing big improvements. Awesome!

Thorn
This damn cold I've had all week. I don't get sick too often at all, but this week I've been fighting a stupid cold and it's pissing me off. I think I should be over it by Sunday for sure, if not tomorrow. 

Rose
The writing has been going really, really well this week. Like ridiculously smoothly. We're finding ourselves zipping along at a great pace and we're coming up with some good stuff. I love, love, LOVE this part of the process. 

Thorn
Lawyers getting paid big bucks to tweak each other's i's and straighten one another's t's back n' forth, back n' forth, back n' forth...

Okay, n' that's all for now.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment