Saturday, September 26, 2009

No Comment

Over the last few weeks I've had a couple people ask how they could post a comment on my blog. So to make things easier, I've changed the settings. Now anyone can leave a comment -- not only people with a Google ID, etc. 

But since I don't want to assume anything (and make an ass out of u and me), I'll include some step-by-step instructions here too, because that is what I do.  (No, really... it actually is what I do! A lot of my contract work lately has been creating step-by-step tutorial worksheets. Apparently I just can't get enough...)

Commenting for Dummies (not that I'm calling you a dummy... )

1. Click on the Comment link at the bottom of the blog post you wish to remark on.

2. Select Name/URL from the pull-down menu. (You may also choose Anonymous, but that option is usually reserved for assholes.)

3. In the pop-up box, enter your name. (No URL is necessary, unless you have one.) Click Continue.

4. Type your comment in the text box and click Preview to ensure that you're happy with it. 

5. When you're ready, click Post Comment to publish your comment to my blog.

And there you go!

Feel free to leave a comment to just say hi or whatever. I'm always curious to find out who bothers to read my random mindclutter. My stats show that there's quite a large number of unique IP addresses... but aside from what city people are coming from, I really have no idea who is actually stopping by. 

I arranged it so this blog doesn't (or at least shouldn't) show up in search engines, so I'm sure my visitors must be mostly friends n' relatives rather than complete strangers.... but who knows? I honestly didn't think I knew so many people in Ottawa... unless that's just a catch-all for the Valley? But even so... I'm still surprised.

Anyhow, I hope you find the new process easy n' convenient, and I look forward to reading comments from a few more of you (or at least from the ones who asked me how.)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Mel, that makes it easier to let you know how talented I think you are. Hope you are are having a great Sunday! Mom C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... of course you might be biased. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am, leaving a comment. Yep, I can follow instructions! And just to be different, am posting WITHOUT my now-standard "OMG" opener.

    OMG!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. saved for assholes- that was funny mel!

    ReplyDelete