Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Incoherent Nonsense

  • The title of this post is what Jim called it when I read it to him. I was going to call it "Randoms".
  • Painting a firefighter helmet is much easier said than done. That lip at the front is especially tricky when trying to maneuver my brush in its usual "soul swirl" style. 
  • I really like Sarah McLaughlin's version of the Beatles' song Blackbird.
  • I have always loved Pee-Wee Herman, even when it wasn't cool. (Wait... was it ever cool to heart Pee-Wee? I may need to rethink that statement...) Anyhow, I am super happy for his comeback on Broadway. You go Pee-Wee!!! 
  • Speaking of Broadway, ever since I was a kid, saxophones have always made me think of New York City in the rain. I have no idea why. 
  • I'm gonna need to buy some more red paint soon.
  • While catchy, the lyrics to Jack Johnson's song Bubble Toes kinda grosses me out. "Her feet are infested with tar balls"? Ew... 
  • We had our first BBQ of the season tonight. Zucchini, red pepper and red onion kabobs with spicy veggie Italian sausages. Yum!
  • I bought some special sweet n' spicy mustard for the occasion. Double yum!
  • Keeping the "6 to 8 passes average" thing in mind, I'm trying really hard not to think about the latest actor we put an offer out to on Friday. His name only came up with the casting director last week, and he's by far the best of the bunch. We all think so. Damn...  Stop. Thinking. Melodie.
  • The inside of my ear is really itchy for some reason and it's driving me nuts.
  • Every time I turn my head, Emmy keeps trying to drink my dirty paint water. 
  • Did I mention that I'm painting as I write these random thoughts? Well I am. Who said you can't do two things at once?
  • You know who else I like besides Pee-Wee? Mr. Bean. I love that funny bumbling little man.
  • I just realized that Mr. Bean shares a dopey resemblance to one of my first roommates, Shawn. Only I think Shawn had worse hair.
  • My first apartment was originally a brothel... or so said some old-timey fellow. Don't ask me how he knew, but I believe him. His description of all the tiny bedrooms matched up. There were 8 little bedrooms between the two apartments.
  • As I wrote the above bullet, Hometown Glory by Adele started playing. Oh, the memories of living in a brothel in my hometown.... 
  • I think I'm doing more writing than painting here, so I better wrap this up and wash my brushes, so we have time to watch the rest of Lethal Weapon before bed. 
  • I think Mel Gibson is a nut, but I really do enjoy those movies. 
  • G'night.

3 comments:

  1. This has the feel of a third-glass-of-wine blog post, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Hmm... And now I'm wondering if I should admit that I hadn't consumed a single glass? I just felt like writing something, but I really had nothing to write about. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, guessed wrong, then...I just liked the light, punchy tone.

    ReplyDelete