Monday, June 21, 2010

We Got Him!!

So I was on the phone with my friend this evening, when Jim busted into the room, his eyes wide and psychotic. A look I've never seen on him before. A momentary sense of panic coursed through me as I wondered if one of les chats just choked on one of their notorious hair balls n' died... or something grim like that. But wait... I didn't hear any hacking? And Jim doesn't look upset... just crazed.

In what I'm sure was only a nanosecond, but felt like a good minute or more, he finally spit out the words, "DG JUST SIGNED ON!!"

We shared a huge hug and some shocked laughter.  My poor friend on the other end of the phone probably had no idea what was going on, until I put the phone back to my ear and breathlessly blurted out, "He signed on! DG just signed on!" I had just shared the news about our nibble with her moments before, so it was very timely and exciting. She quickly let me off the phone so Jim n' I could celebrate.

Once the papers are signed n' everything I'll disclose who DG is... but suffice to say, he is a household name -- or definitely more so than the first three actors we approached. Everyone on our team has been way more excited about him than anyone else we had considered.

Now, there are still a couple obstacles to overcome, like attaching a distributer and applying for Telefilm funding, but having an actor of DG's calibre attached will definitely give us a massive boost in this process.

Man... we are both thrilled to pieces, and yet strangely numb. I don't think it's sunk in yet. Of course, it's only been about 40 minutes. So why am I writing this instead of celebrating? Because Jim's been on the phone with our producers, etc.

But now he's off... and so am I!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys, this is awesome news! I'm so happy for you that all your hard work is paying off...And you've definitely piqued my interest as to who D.G. is!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodie! Getting an actor attached has been one of our biggest hurdles because it impacts everything else. I just can't believe we got him!! (And I can't wait to share who he is! xoxo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to find out who it is!!! The suspense will kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. Great news! Another (big) step in that long road...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo are those the real initials? Because you know we're all going to be killing ourselves trying to work out what they could stand for? SO EXCITED for you guys! Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha. Yes, those are his real initials. He's someone who I don't think most people would expect -- especially when you consider that we were originally looking at Albert Finney, way back when. But as soon as Jim n' I saw his name on the list, we both agreed that he could really embody the spirit we see for Donovan.

    Best of all, he has a name that pretty much everyone will recognize, unlike the other actors we were looking at. He's more than we could've ever hoped for, given our limited budget n' all.

    But just for you loyal blog readers, here's a huge hint: He was a co-star in a well known action franchise. :)

    Please don't post your guesses, because I can't answer you... yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I won't post who I think it is but I think I know and HOLY CRAP!!!!! Hooray, it is SO EXCITING. I love living vicariously through you guys and all your hard work! :)

    ReplyDelete