Friday, January 21, 2011

Snoop n' Shmooze

I just sent out the following invite to a bunch of folks in my contacts list, but thought I'd post it on here as well. If you're one of my readers, then please consider this your cordial invitation. :)

Hey friends,

As all of you probably know by now, Jim n' I are moving to Vancouver next month. We found ourselves a cute little place, walking distance from Commercial Drive. And by "cute", I mean half the size of our current place. So needless to say, we've got a LOT of stuff to freecycle. But before I call Share to pick it all up, I thought it might be more fun to host a lil' Snoop n' Shmooze instead. 

"What's a Snoop n' Shmooze?", you ask. I just made it up! It's sort of like an open house/garage sale but with wine n' appies. Feel free to walk around all the rooms and grab anything you like that has a tag on it (or at least make arrangements to pick it up within the next week). Most stuff will be given away for free to a good home. Only a few newer/bigger items will actually have a price tag. 

Things we'll be selling include a washer n' dryer, a dresser with mirror, possibly our second desk and BBQ, and maybe a couple kitchen things.

Things we'll be giving away include a desk, dresser, patio furniture n' swing, futon and bed frames, CDs, movies, books, kitchen stuff, clothes, gardening and camping supplies, and plenty of other nick-nack-paddy-wacks. 

If you'd like to give a donation, please feel free - but really, this is more a matter of purging stuff as quickly as possible than scraping up some extra dough (not to say that moving isn't expensive!) Actually, if there's anything you can do, it's to bring a friend. But please either come with your friend or at least let me know that they're coming, because momma always said never open the door to strangers. ;)  

Unfortunately I don't expect Jim to be in attendance, but you never know... Right now we're not sure when he'll be able to get back to town. 

Anyhow, here are the rest of the details:

When: Sunday, January 30th, between 2:00 - 7:30

Where: Because I'm posting this online, I'm not going to put my addy on here. Just email or FB me for it.

Thanks all! Hope to see you there. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel, just to let you know that Jan. 27th is a Thursday.......do you mean the 30th? Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot. I was looking at my February calender! Yes, I meant the 30th. Thanks, I'll fix that.

    ReplyDelete