Saturday, March 19, 2011

Nuclear Boy

Years ago I had a friend whose father worked at AECL. Apparently he once prevented some sort of major catastrophe, (details of which were never released to the public, of course), and the company very quietly thanked him with a $25 gift certificate to Joseph's Cellar. (Which isn't even enough to buy dinner for two - but I guess that's besides the point...)


Anyway, when my friend asked him to explain his job, he said "Imagine that someone steps in dog poo, and then they walk around all over town with poo on their shoe. My job is to see where the poo originally came from, and track down all the places where that person walked."


I thought that was just his unique way of explaining a radiation leak - until I saw this recent video that was released in Japan. Kinda gross, kinda cute, and very interesting....





BTW, is it just me or do you find it weird that Rick Astley was in the suggested/related column for this video?


No comments:

Post a Comment