Feels like I just wrote my roses n' thorns... oh well...
Rose
Last weekend Jim n' I discovered Me & Julio's. I heart Mexican food, and theirs is no exception. Absolutely fabulous, with plenty of veggie n' organic choices. We loved it so much that we ate there again yesterday.
I also made plans to go out with a friend on Tuesday night, and she suggested we meet up at Me & Julio's - so it looks like I'll get to enjoy it again in the very near future! Yay! So, so, so good.
Thorn
We still haven't put that last shelving unit together yet. Jim has had to work a bit on his weekends, and we never have the time on week nights. I'd put it together for myself, but it's much too big n' heavy for a one person job. Argh... it's driving me crazy. Our remaining boxes can't get put away until we set it up. Oh well, Jim wraps up editing this week, so next weekend we HAVE to put it together, or else I'm gonna throw it off the balcony. Ha. I'm just kidding... I can't even lift it myself, how will I ever throw it? In the meantime, we have two large boxes that stretch between our living room and dining room... and Jim keeps tripping over them. ;)
Rose
I had a really great time at the Chong & Chong fundraiser for Dana Larsen on Monday night. Even though I went by myself, I didn't feel awkward at all, as everyone was super friendly and social. I immediately recognized American activist Don Skakie and got a peek of the lovely Jodie Emery, who sat a few rows ahead of me.
Tomorrow afternoon, another gal n' I will be going to Dana's office to sign on as volunteers. (Dana's team are the same folks who are also responsible for the Free Marc Emery and End Prohibition campaigns...) I emailed them with a couple fundraising and marketing suggestions to help them raise more money and broaden their demographic beyond pot smokers. They liked my ideas, and said that marketing is a needed skill, and that they could use my help. (I've got a few other nifty ideas, but I'm saving them for our meeting.)
I feel like my brain has been turning to mush lately, so I'm pretty excited to get out of the house and use my marketing savvy for something interesting! :)
Thorn
Non-constructive criticism.
Rose
Okay, so this is a small blessing, but we bought a new scratching post this week that both our cats like. No more scratching the cat chair (even though it's already scratched to hell, which is why it's called the cat chair), and no more scratching the rug. Like I said, small blessings...
Thorn
Speaking of cats and rugs, one of the things that got left behind in Kelowna was our vacuum cleaner. Our friend moved our stuff for cost, which was incredibly generous of him - but his trailer didn't have enough room for everything. The plan was for him to bring the rest of our stuff on his next trip to the coast. We didn't think leaving our vacuum cleaner behind was a big deal at the time, since our apartment is all lamanent and tile... But then we went out and bought area rugs for the entrance, living room and bedroom, because we assumed that the rest of our stuff would be here in another week or two. Well, you know what they say when you assume things....
I'm sure I don't need to tell you that owning two long haired cats and no vacuum cleaner is an effing nightmare!! I've been using a sticky-tape lint remover on the rugs, which is incredibly time consuming and doesn't do a very good job. I think we might just end up buying another vacuum cleaner, because this is ridiculous... :(
Rose
Yesterday Jim n' I explored an awesome used vinyl and CD store not far from here. I was giddy to discover a ton of Ani Difranco albums (okay, maybe not a ton - more like ten...) I limited myself to two, but right after I had made my purchase, while waiting for Jim, I found a Bad Religion album I've been looking to replace for years. And then I found a DJ Spooky album I've also been on the hunt for. Ack!!
Fortunately I managed to hold back, telling myself that they wouldn't go anywhere -- at least not in the next two days. *fingers crossed* So tomorrow I'm gonna return with that big box of CDs I still wanna get rid of, and pick up those two gems. Weeee!
Thorn
That whole mess in Japan is pretty horrific, isn't it? Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear meltdown, and even a volcanic eruption. Just terrible....
Rose
I should probably try to limit myself to one food-related rose per post, but I can't think of any other roses right now besides the delicious almond lemon chicken I made for dinner the other night. I was gonna give it a 5 star rating, but when I clicked to rate it, I noticed that I gave it a 5 star review a year ago. I don't know why it took me a year to rediscover this easy delicious dish. I should make it more often.
Okie doke... and that's it for another week.
No comments:
Post a Comment